Will the PlayStation 5 KILL PC gaming master race?

spirals
4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

It ran perfectly fine on my system - wich at the time had a Radeon HD7970 inside.

Can't remember much FPS drops IIRC.

Might be a case of a smaller game doing some stuff others don't usually do and lack of care from the GPU Manufacturers.

The performance was so bad that the community created a "mod" to fix it, look up Nier Automata FAR, I have the R9 280 which is a rebrand of the HD 7950, have no clue how you didn't notice the terrible performance, developers ditched the game on PC and consoles got a shit ton of patches.

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

We don't know what happens in the background and is eating the CPU Power.

But you do know that Origins and Odyssey run some simulation stuff on the CPU??
Something like Weather Simulation and other stuff...

That takes its toll.

A real question:
Are you a developer and have looked at what the game does or how can you come to the conclusion that its "bad optimizations"???

That's the case if the CPU runs at 25% or lower, GPU at 50% and you have shit fps...

Back in my days it was totally normal that some games eat Hardware for breakfast and couldn't be played well with anything that was on the market at the time. 

It took a couple of years for it to run well.

No i'm not a developer, but Origins or Odyssey are nothing special you know, you're making it sound like it's a breakthrough in technology and that's why it's eating the CPU, many games have Weather Systems and "other stuff" and especially GTA V which is filled with complex systems all around, you'd be surprised how much stuff is packed in there, but still it performs great, I don't have to be developer to notice a performance difference in games compared to the "expectation" of how it should perform

you can beat around the bush all you want, and you can exclude Origins and Odyssey from being in the "unoptimized list", that still doesn't change the fact that developers care less about PC games, let's not even consider unoptimization, let's just consider the amount of bugs in games when they get released, my point was never to prove that each game i listed is unoptimized, look at the bigger picture

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

It's not going to kill PC gaming, but it's performance coupled with Nvidia over there running rampant with their prices is going to take some wind out of it's sails.

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

As a counter point to the "consoles can't do productivity work." If it has a competent web browser and you have a workflow chain that can be done entirely on a web browser, then consoles can be used for productivity.

But otherwise no, consoles aren't going to kill PC gaming.

I do think the next gen consoles will bring some gamers over to consoles, however, it will definitely not kill PC gaming or make that much of a difference. Consoles will only appeal to those wanting a turnkey system with games and control schemes that are compatible for them.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:28 AM, _Syn_ said:

Anyway, as much as I hate Sony, I'm afraid this will drag down PC gaming even further.. way further, like it's already bad enough that developers don't give a shit about PC gaming

HA Nice joke, By the time they do release the PS5 PC will be ahead in terms of specs,i like Sony but PC does have so much better games than consoles,So sorry but not sorry!

I think desktop building will probably see a decline if the PS5 supports higher refresh rates, Freesync, and mouse and keyboard. But, I think PC gaming will see a rise overall as affordable laptops with decent graphics power become more common.

My pc's coexist with my consoles, so no.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...