What do you think of my friend's fan setup?

Hey guys, asking help for a friend since she's too lazy to make an account here. What do you think of her case fan setup? Is it efficient enough? 

Her fans are some cheap 1200rpm ARGB fans from a brand called Starnex.

I think it only costs 10$ for 3 fans, 1 led strip, and the hub + remote

Any thoughts? 

I find her RGB fans weird since it's only at one side but rest assured they can all be changed color through the hub and remote ?

I also find her fan positioning unorthodox but I'd really like to hear from you guys since I'm not really an expert when it comes to PC building hehe 

aaapic.thumb.png.531dc61eb31d24f37b31142de53bd83a.png

Motherboard: MSI B450m Mortar Max

Processor: Ryzen 7 2700 w/ Wraith Prism

RAM: Klev Cras X 3200mhz 8gb x2

GPU:  Zotac Mini GeForce GTX 1070ti 8GB

PSU: Seasonic GX-750

Case: Inplay Robin 101 + 10 fans w/ hub and remote

Storage: Toshiba 1TB, Western Digital WD Green 1TB, Crucial BX500 480GB

I think its ok, she has a nice pc and the fans will be able to keep it at a low temp,  around,30-35c

1 minute ago, Shnitzil said:

I think its ok, she has a nice pc and the fans will be able to keep it at a low temp,  around,30-35c

I doubt that Intel Stock cooler is holding 35c under any load tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Shnitzil said:

Does the setup of the fans look fine? With top and bottom being intake while the front being exhaust? 

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I doubt that Intel Stock cooler is holding 35c under any load tbh

Yea I think she's planning to buy a CPU fan next, but what do you think of the case fan setup? ?

Just now, Rhaemond said:

Does the setup of the fans look fine? With top and bottom being intake while the front being exhaust? 

Yea I think she's planning to buy a CPU fan next, but what do you think of the case fan setup? ?

No clue what the fan blowing at the PSU shroud is supised to do but that's about it. Probably works ok

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The bottom fan will really work best as an exhaust, tbh. 1 intake fan, 3 exhaust fans = negative pressure, which can increase dust buildup inside the case in the long run. By flipping the fan direction on the bottom, the gpu will also get fresh, cool air, rather than having to fight for it from the fan blowing the air out. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

No clue what the fan blowing at the PSU shroud is supised to do but that's about it. Probably works ok

Hmm yea you're right. That does seem weird. 

2 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

The bottom fan will really work best as an exhaust, tbh. 1 intake fan, 3 exhaust fans = negative pressure, which can increase dust buildup inside the case in the long run. By flipping the fan direction on the bottom, the gpu will also get fresh, cool air, rather than having to fight for it from the fan blowing the air out. 

I think it's the other way around ?

She has 1 exhaust on the front and 3 intakes on the top and bottom. What do you think of that? 

I was no talking about the cpu fan, but they are right. Intel stock cooler is pretty bad and you should change to like a cooler master i70 cpu cooler.

Hot air rises and you also want to project it away from people so your room doesn't heat up.

I always recommend people intake on the front and bottom (and side if you have it) and exhaust out the top and back. You'd have to have a very unique situation to recommend otherwise. Because hot air rises it really is best to help it along its path of least resistance, you'll get better cooling this way in nearly every case.

A few questions.

a. What direction is that PSU shroud fan blowing?

b. Is the PSU pulling from inside or outside the case?

9 minutes ago, Shnitzil said:

I was no talking about the cpu fan, but they are right. Intel stock cooler is pretty bad and you should change to like a cooler master i70 cpu cooler.

Oh it looks cool. But was also looking at  some deepcool fans ?

5 minutes ago, dDave64 said:

Hot air rises and you also want to project it away from people so your room doesn't heat up.

I always recommend people intake on the front and bottom (and side if you have it) and exhaust out the top and back. You'd have to have a very unique situation to recommend otherwise. Because hot air rises it really is best to help it along its path of least resistance, you'll get better cooling this way in nearly every case.

A few questions.

a. What direction is that PSU shroud fan blowing?

b. Is the PSU pulling from inside or outside the case?

a. As with most cases, the fan blows on the bottom

b. What do you mean pulling? Air? I'm not sure about that but the big fan is, positioned at the bottom of the case where the hole is ???

4 minutes ago, Rhaemond said:

Oh it looks cool. But was also looking at  some deepcool fans ?

a. As with most cases, the fan blows on the bottom

b. What do you mean pulling? Air? I'm not sure about that but the big fan is, positioned at the bottom of the case where the hole is ???

To be clear, the fan is blowing toward the bottom of the case?

By pulling I mean is the air intake on the PSU aimed inside the case or is it mounted to face the floor/desk? All power supplies either pull air from inside the case or they pull from outside the case by using an air intake on the bottom of the case.

1 minute ago, dDave64 said:

To be clear, the fan is blowing toward the bottom of the case?

By pulling I mean is the air intake on the PSU aimed inside the case or is it mounted to face the floor/desk? All power supplies either pull air from inside the case or they pull from outside the case by using an air intake on the bottom of the case.

Sorry I really don't understand what you mean (newb here) 

But yea the big PSU fan is blowing in the bottom, there is space that is convenient for the fan to use as the exhaust ?

4 hours ago, dDave64 said:

Hot air rising doesn't make any difference compared to the active airflow in a case due to fans. The biggest factor with hot air rising plays is generally outside of the case where using the lower and cooler air as intake can be better than the warmer air above the case. 

4 hours ago, Rhaemond said:

Sorry I really don't understand what you mean (newb here) 

But yea the big PSU fan is blowing in the bottom, there is space that is convenient for the fan to use as the exhaust ?

It seems like you're interpreting the fan direction backwards. 

Most fans intake at the hub and exhaust towards the frame. 

Spoiler

open-grille.png

img_5b9159b863788.png

1adedfc1fc9bfe10f47ec9ff035f709c.png

From the photo, it seems like you have a front intake, and top / bottom exhaust. The fan on the graphics card is an intake so the fan below it is most likely fighting with it. You should move the bottom fan to the front of the case as intake instead. 

The best way to see if the cooling is adequate is to stress the system and check the temps. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:47 PM, Rhaemond said:

Hey guys, asking help for a friend since she's too lazy to make an account here. What do you think of her case fan setup? Is it efficient enough? 

Her fans are some cheap 1200rpm ARGB fans from a brand called Starnex.

I think it only costs 10$ for 3 fans, 1 led strip, and the hub + remote

Any thoughts? 

I find her RGB fans weird since it's only at one side but rest assured they can all be changed color through the hub and remote ?

I also find her fan positioning unorthodox but I'd really like to hear from you guys since I'm not really an expert when it comes to PC building hehe 

aaapic.thumb.png.531dc61eb31d24f37b31142de53bd83a.png

What a weird setup! Move the bottom fan to the front, and move one of the top fans, to the rear. No idea, why she thought the current layout made sense. The bottom fan isn't even pointing at the GPU, so it's doing nothing.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:11 PM, Rhaemond said:

I think it's the other way around ?

She has 1 exhaust on the front and 3 intakes on the top and bottom. What do you think of that? 

That would be the first time I've seen a fan that pulls air in through the side with the frame. 

No, I'm pretty sure she only has a single front intake and the rest is exhaust.  I'd recommend that she takes that bottom fan and puts it in the front, just above the other one and blowing in the same direction.