Twitter's UI is bad IMO

So recently I got onto twitter to see this:image.png.fdd985f4e74b5e559f19a1b82f06492e.png

Going to be honest here this was a mistake on Twitter's end. I did use it for a little while but ended up just HATING the new UI. It is not good looking, it is not "modern", it is not good in function. Would I change Twitter's UI? Yes, and I will, later (when I have time). But Twitter should know that this... this thing is not a good design choice.

Just now, imbrock said:

Must... use... every... possible bit of screen space.

Must have been what went through their heads. Hold on I am working on my idea for twitter

Yes, it is very bad, and it's very sluggish, but that's what one would expect from Twitter. It looks like it's from that period of time when tablets were just getting popular and web designers would try to make everything converge really badly? Anyway, as an almost-aside, Twitter is rubbish, it's designed in a way that encourages and rewards negativity, so I don't really mind UI changes like this pushing me further away.

-= Moved to General Discussion =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

How did you get that UI? I've never seen Twitter like that before. I just re-checked, and I don't get it on mobile app or via desktop browser, either legacy or new UI modes.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

It's just the tablet version rebranded as the "new" version. This trend of ruining designs just to please touchscreen users is just ridiculous. I still have the "old" version, but they're going to force it on me sooner or later.

image.png.9eac13ff1dc256ef4473bff252272c75.png

I use TweetDeck mostly nowadays but sometimes I'll end up having to use the website ?

🙂

On 4/24/2019 at 1:10 PM, porina said:

How did you get that UI? I've never seen Twitter like that before. I just re-checked, and I don't get it on mobile app or via desktop browser, either legacy or new UI modes.

Its a new ui you can check out in your settings, you can use the new or old one.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

2 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Its a new ui you can check out in your settings, you can use the new or old one.

The image in the 1st post is neither the old or new one that shows for me.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible