Should'nt these chips be like easily £100 less than the mark up they have?

its Ebay, people can post whatever price they want. There is no regulation on Ebay at what price you have to sell something. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Buying a used CPU is a bitch sometimes

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

its Ebay, people can post whatever price they want. There is no regulation on Ebay at what price you have to sell something. 

Yeah that is not how it works though, people price accordingly to the market and he trend is £180+

Just now, LukeLinusFanFic said:

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Buying a used CPU is a bitch sometimes

1700X is killer.. in fact i think i may drop some money next cheque.

For one reason or another, both the Ivy Bridge, Haswell and Haswell Refresh i7s have held their value tremendously well, probably due to nostalgia and them still being decent performers while being really good overclockers. Hell, even Sandy Bridge i7s are still a pretty penny while FX 8320s are sitting for like $50.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

It is supply and demand. Old used stuff is generally harder to find, and if there is still a market for it then pricing can be elevated. Maybe people want to upgrade their old system and don't want to go through the pain of installing a new mobo, which usually means new OS, and doing all the software again. It is not a small job.

In the past I had intended to build a high fps gaming system around a 1700, which turned out to be a bad mistake. fps sucked that in the end I replaced it with a 6600k.

I found it a struggle to get a reasonably priced 5775C which I eventually bought for £200 last November. For my use cases, it is faster than ANY AMD 8 core consumer CPU right now, and the 4790k would have been too. I preferred the included 128MB L4 over more clock potential in my case.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

It is supply and demand. Old used stuff is generally harder to find, and if there is still a market for it then pricing can be elevated. Maybe people want to upgrade their old system and don't want to go through the pain of installing a new mobo, which usually means new OS, and doing all the software again. It is not a small job.

Windows 10 has been pretty easy with motherboard swapping, it's never thrown any errors for me.

Just now, porina said:

In the past I had intended to build a high fps gaming system around a 1700, which turned out to be a bad mistake. fps sucked that in the end I replaced it with a 6600k.

I found it a struggle to get a reasonably priced 5775C which I eventually bought for £200 last November. For my use cases, it is faster than ANY AMD 8 core consumer CPU right now, and the 4790k would have been too. I preferred the included 128MB L4 over more clock potential in my case.

Just as a curious question, what made the improvement so notceable from the 1700 to the 5775c?

This was a non X 1700 too? did you OC IT?

15 minutes ago, 7Hertz said:

Yeah that is not how it works though, people price accordingly to the market and he trend is £180+

But it is. Some people put their stuff on ebay for fuck loads more than it's worth, and likely won't sell for a long time, but eventually it will sell, usually when nothing else is available. Some sell well below market value for a quick sale. I myself have often undercut other sellers to sell hardware as quick as possible, sometimes the stuff sells within 20 minutes if there is demand and the item is relevant. Used market is a roller coaster really, bargains are beside rip offs. 

Yours faithfully

3 minutes ago, Labeled said:

Windows 10 has been pretty easy with motherboard swapping, it's never thrown any errors for me.

I've done drive/OS transplants too, even using a clone of an Intel Win7 install to a Ryzen system to save time. Update missing drivers and away you go. The bigger problem for many will be license. Maybe they want to also keep the old system in addition so that wouldn't necessarily be an option.

3 minutes ago, 7Hertz said:

Just as a curious question, what made the improvement so notceable from the 1700 to the 5775c?

This was a non X 1700 too? did you OC IT?

It was a while ago so I don't recall the exact numbers. I had what was then still a relatively new 1700 (non-X) and decided to put a 980Ti in it. Even if OC'd to 3.6* GHz I wasn't getting much above 60fps in FFXIV outside of the least demanding areas. Stock 6600k with same GPU and settings had lows around 90fps without OC. I haven't tried it with 5775C as that was a much later purchase.

I recently gave away a 1600 system with 980Ti to a youtuber I know, with a pair of 1080p60 screens. He loves it as it can maintain 60fps at maximum quality. So it kinda comes down to use case, my goal was high fps, not 60fps, so in that area 1st gen Ryzen wasn't the best choice.

*The first gen Ryzens really didn't clock well. I found 3.6 to be my comfort limit as going above that was crossing the voltage wall and power usage becomes really silly fast. I had to push a CPU reported 180W or so through the 1700 to get it to 4.0 GHz. Ok for a few benchmarks but not something I'd run 24/7.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible