Windows 8.1 Update 1 shows "signs" of a Metro and desktop merge

Sharif

Initial screenshots of the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 1 didn’t show many signs of changes, but new images distributed today hint at some signs of improved interaction between the "Metro" and desktop environments. Russian leaker WZor has publishedseveral screenshots that show pinned Metro apps in the taskbar section of the desktop in Windows 8.1 Update 1. There's also a new option to "Show Store apps on the taskbar." While it’s not a hugely significant change, it appears to be the first change that Microsoft has implemented on its path towards Windows 9.

so yeaa this seems interesting and useful

source >>> the verge  and #topwargamer for letting me post this

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

It looks the same..

well what they say may be useful and save few more clicks and other stuffs 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I'm pretty sure that your title is misleading, unless I've completely misread the article.

The only thing that is "official" is that they're streamlining the connection between Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 - it doesn't even talk about the start menu (other than saying there's no information).

Where are you getting this desktop/metro merge?

Pew Pew Helicopters

I'm pretty sure that your title is misleading, unless I've completely misread the article.

The only thing that is "official" is that they're streamlining the connection between Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 - it doesn't even talk about the start menu (other than saying there's no information).

Where are you getting this desktop/metro merge?

all i did was copy past from the source but they do say show "signs"

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Okay then.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)