Asus VG248QE 144Hz 1080p 1ms, worth it?

RRGT19

I just got it and love it! I got 3 for surround I also don't care for 3d. I have 3 samsung s27a350h 60hz monitors and its night and day different. I have tri sli evga gtx 680 FTW+ 4GB cards and they work perfect. So with 2 cards and 1 no it or you will be good on FPS.

I had a go at a FPS game on a 120Hz monitor they were showing off in my retailer, the difference is really night and day. 

In general it's a smoother experience.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

so, this Asus is better than samsung S23A700D?

i thought that Samsung has better quality and colors.

If you don't already have a decent 1080p monitor, I would say yes. Otherwise no. 2 GTX 680s in SLI will be ridiculously overkill for a single 1080p display, too, you'd be much better off with just one if money is of any concern. My thoughts are that over the next two to three generations of GPUs, 1600p support on ultra settings for most modern games will be common place with even a mid range card.. If you were to go the dual 680 route, I would just recommend a 1600p monitor, albeit at about double the price. 

I recently purchased this monitor and I highly recommend it! But as soon as you get it do a  Windows Calibration and lower the gamma  A LOT. also I lowered blue to around 93%.

I have a question though, if anyone has this monitor with an AMD card, is it possible to run 144 hz while keeping your GPU at its idle clock speeds? Every time I go from 120hz to 144hz, my gpu goes from 300mhz to 1100 mhz while on the desktop idle.

I just got this monitor too, and it is excellent!  There is a super in-depth article about it here:  http://pcmonitors.info/reviews/asus-vg248qe

The reviewers also provide a custom ICC profile to help deal with the gamma/contrast issues at high refresh rates.  Worked for me.

I run it at 144Hz all the time, and it has eliminated any tearing I was having.

AMD FX8350 • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Z • GeForce GTX 780 + 660 Ti x3 • Cooler Master HAF X • ASUS VG248QE 144Hz LCD+GSYNC • Corsair AX860i

Logitech G19 / MX518 • G.Skill RipjawZ 1866 4x4GB • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD • WD 1TB Black SATA IIIx2 • Noctua NH-D15