Best Portable Raspberry Pi Game Console kit?

I've been interested in making a portable raspberry pi game console lately, and have been looking around seeing which is the best way to do it. I am a novice at this and soldering, so I want to use this as a way to get into this. The one I wanted to make the most is the mintypi, but those are always out of stock. So I have been looking at the PiGrrls which look decently simple and relitively well priced. Is there any others that you would suggest? I don't want to spend more than $100 not including a solderer and I have access to a 3D printer at a local library so I am fine there.

1 hour ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

I'd say get a case + screen kit (like https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Display-Touchscreen-Supply-Official/dp/B06XRM4MCW) and get a battery bank that can charge a tablet to power the Pi, then use a USB controller.

I'd rather make a complete all in one system, but thanks for the suggestion

1 hour ago, James Evens said:

Game Boy Zero looks promising but there isn't a price or launch date yet.

Do you have a link for that? There seems to be hundreds of ones with that name.

1 hour ago, James Evens said:

They actually call it Retroflag GPi CASE.

Thanks for the suggestion but was looking for something a bit more DIY like as I said the PiGrrls but was looking at my other options. 

6 hours ago, DustierDolphin said:

I've been interested in making a portable raspberry pi game console lately, and have been looking around seeing which is the best way to do it.

I am a novice at this and soldering, so I want to use this as a way to get into this. 

I don't want to spend more than $100 not including a solderer.

I would go with a kit link

or the pigrrl zero link

I don't see anything wrong with the original pigrrl either, just take your time and don't get frustrated.