Can't boot to windows after deleting EFI partition

GLITCH32

Hey guy I deleted linux partition so I got the grub error where I couldn't go to windows, then I deleted the EFI partition but now my PC forgot it has windows. Then I installed ubuntu in hopes to restore EFI which it did but still no windows
I don't wanna reinstall windows I have all my dependencies set up. I'm a noob

I unfortunately have to agree with NunoLava1998. When I was much less experienced with computers, I did the same thing. I spent probably like 4 hours trying to find a way to save the Windows install. I never found a way. The only solution was reinstalling windows. Its possible if you boot linux off a USB, you will still be able to access some saved files and copy them off to still save them. I've done this to get back some key files before wiping the drive and starting again when I've screw up my partitions (happened more than once to me lol)

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

7 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

I unfortunately have to agree with NunoLava1998. When I was much less experienced with computers, I did the same thing. I spent probably like 4 hours trying to find a way to save the Windows install. I never found a way. The only solution was reinstalling windows. Its possibly if you boot linux off a USB, you will still be able to access some saved files and copy them off to still save them. I've done this to get back some key files before wiping the drive and starting again when I've screw up my partitions (happened more than once to me lol)

I have developed for EFI for fun in the past and I do know what it is; it's where the bootloader is stored, and where details such as the BIOS time and other details are obtained, before they actually start launching up Windows.

7 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I have developed for EFI for fun in the past and I do know what it is; it's where the bootloader is stored, and where details such as the BIOS time and other details are obtained, before they actually start launching up Windows.

You can do fun stuff with it too like this (burn to a USB or CD or DVD, whatever)

CD-image.iso

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

50 minutes ago, GLITCH32 said:

Hey guy I deleted linux partition so I got the grub error where I couldn't go to windows, then I deleted the EFI partition but now my PC forgot it has windows. Then I installed ubuntu in hopes to restore EFI which it did but still no windows
I don't wanna reinstall windows I have all my dependencies set up. I'm a noob

Sorry buddy but you're pretty much screwed. You couldn't even try to do a repair install because Windows detects existing installs by the presence of a bootloader which you deleted. You are reinstalling whether you like it or not.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Remove all partitions except your system partition (you may leave data partition too if you have separate one). Windows installer should create all missing partitions in repair mode when detects that they're missing.

When I switched one Windows installation from UEFI to legacy mode (just for tests / fun), I leaved only one partition, converted drive from GPT to MBR and Windows installer makes that bootable without reinstalling and without problem.

Windows has really good tools to repair or auto-repair itself. It's really hard to destroy Windows to the point where is no possibility to recover it.