Poco VS Mi9 or other

Hey there,
so I've had my Poco F1 128GB for 7 months now. The screen was laggy sometimes but after few wipes it seems like it's okay. Anyways, I bought it for around 400$, now the prices have came down a little and also it has been used.
So, my question is...
Do you think, the lags might come back? (It didn't seem as an app problem and there were no updates in between.)
Do you think, it's worth it to sell this (I expect for max 300$) and get a Mi9 in 128GB version? 
Any reasons not to change or to change to different phone? (Not an iPhone, please)
Thanks. :D
(Maybe there are too many questions, if yeah, sorry, I don't want to spam the forum.)

If you can sell it for $100 less, that's very good, in my country used f1 is selling half the price.

In terms of performance difference, newer phones are more powerfull and more efficient.

More performance, less battery consumption. 

Not only the horse power, the camera are getting at least 30% better for the addition of another lens.

Not saying that more lens the better, but Xiaomi really put a good effort in the camera sensors.

Phone price will decrease 30% each new gen comes out. The longer you hold on, the worst it get.

Look at the beautiful, perfectly useable, samsung s8, $1000 phone now only $300.

Personally i liked the F1 specs, but i hate the plastic body, but hey, won't matter if you put the case on.

The cheapest "flagship spec" phone to date, really tough choice, but if loosing $100 is no big deal to you, i say get the mi9.

Snapdragon 845 is only 1 gen away from the latest, i usually get a new phone when i'm outdated 2 gen away, or 2 years top.

The lagging might be software issue, or OS issue, try to flash it with the factory rom or try different custom roms.

It could be that xiaomi "deliberately" slowed down your phone so you buy newer one.

That's what happened to Iphone users.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

If you can sell it for $100 less, that's very good, in my country used f1 is selling half the price.

In terms of performance difference, newer phones are more powerfull and more efficient.

More performance, less battery consumption. 

Not only the horse power, the camera are getting at least 30% better for the addition of another lens.

Not saying that more lens the better, but Xiaomi really put a good effort in the camera sensors.

Phone price will decrease 30% each new gen comes out. The longer you hold on, the worst it get.

Look at the beautiful, perfectly useable, samsung s8, $1000 phone now only $300.

Personally i liked the F1 specs, but i hate the plastic body, but hey, won't matter if you put the case on.

The cheapest "flagship spec" phone to date, really tough choice, but if loosing $100 is no big deal to you, i say get the mi9.

Snapdragon 845 is only 1 gen away from the latest, i usually get a new phone when i'm outdated 2 gen away, or 2 years top.

The lagging might be software issue, or OS issue, try to flash it with the factory rom or try different custom roms.

It could be that xiaomi "deliberately" slowed down your phone so you buy newer one.

That's what happened to Iphone users.

Thanks for the fast answer.
I was surprised too, but it seems like they're selling just around 30% less rn.
Mi9 looks pretty dope, although the battery is smaller, it is pretty strong. Also the camera, did pretty good in DxO mark also.

S8 costs (new) still 400$ here, interesting.

Plastic body is pretty good, also, as you said, I'm using a case. :D
Not that it wouldn't be a big deal, but if I take into account that it's just a 200$ (if I'd cound I sell my poco for 300$), it's a pretty good upgrade. After that I'm not really going to buy a new phone so early. I was using G4 till september 2018.

I was kinda waiting for new update, where they're going to add a lot of stuff, as 60FPS 4k video that it might fix it but you can never know.
Wanted to flash, but I was planning to return it to the shop and there might be some troubles with flashed ROM/unlocked bootloader.

I don't think they'd slow it down until Poco F2 comes out. That's also why I want to exchange now, it's still fairly priced RN and I might not loose as much.

Btw. sorry for my English, there might be some errors.

Yeah Mi9 looks great, finally Xiaomi following the rest of the pack in terms of design.

It has been stuck with aluminium design, while everyone else move to all glass and now rainbow colors.

But if you buy Xiaomi, prepare your phone to be outdated less than a year.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yeah Mi9 looks great, finally Xiaomi following the rest of the pack in terms of design.

It has been stuck with aluminium design, while everyone else move to all glass and now rainbow colors.

But if you buy Xiaomi, prepare your phone to be outdated less than a year.

Yeah.
I don't care about the 3.5mm jack and well, waterproofing still kinda exists, although it's not granted.

Yeah, it gets outdated pretty quickly, but still, it's pretty good and will work for few years.
I was also checking out the leaks about OnePlus 7, that might be cool but I don't think I'm gonna wait that long.

Oneplus 6t is also a good contender, i bet the 7 will be amazing.

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

Oneplus 6t is also a good contender, i bet the 7 will be amazing.

6T isn't really worth it. Neither honor view 20 is.
If the 1+ 7 comes out in a month, might buy that one, if not I don't think I'm gonna loose that much.

So short before the new oneplus 7, 6t isn't really worth. Except, you really HATE a Pop up Camera, and it HAS to be Oneplus with OxygenOS.

As a Oneplus 6T Owner: At this point, i would probably buy a Xiaomi Mi 9 128gb over a Oneplus 6T 128gb/8gb. Just because it's cheaper, AND offers the new Snapdragon 855.

Still, Oneplus 6T is a very decent phone, if you like what Oneplus does.

@ Xiaomi and outdated: Wtf are you guys talking about? Xiaomi has pretty good update support. More/better/faster than most others.

Sounds stupid but: My Oneplus 6T is still on January Security Patch (late february update still wasn't february patch).

Many samsung phones, even older ones, are already on march patch.

Don't give too much on Updates. :)

On 4/14/2019 at 3:59 AM, Darkseth said:

At this point, i would probably buy a Xiaomi Mi 9 128gb over a Oneplus 6T 128gb/8gb. Just because it's cheaper, AND offers the new Snapdragon 855.

Thanks for the anwer. Looks like I'll probably buy the Mi9, don't see a huge competitor and I don't really want to wait so long on 1+ 7 which will still cost more.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:59 AM, Darkseth said:

Sounds stupid but: My Oneplus 6T is still on January Security Patch (late february update still wasn't february patch).

Many samsung phones, even older ones, are already on march patch.

That's kinda sad.

It is sad.

But it could be just an exception, and it gets better in the future.

On the birght sight: Does not matter if it's oneplus or Samsung.New update will NOT chance how the Device works.

People exeggerate WAY too fucking hard when it comes to updates.

They don't change anything.

When my S7 Edge got it's last Major update (Android 8), guess what did change?

... Some icons looked different.

The phone worked EXACTLY as it did with Android 7.

You can see it in 2 different ways... first updates, or... What does that even change?

Last AUgust/September, the first "Android One" Device got Android 9 Update 3 months after it launched (which is a Joke), while Oneplus 6 got the Update like 3 weeks after.

Oneplus was faster than EVERY single "Android one" Manufacturer.