Raspberry Pi - Static IP takes longer than DHCP

cluelessgenius
Go to solution Solved by cluelessgenius,

solved by not waiting for connection. my bad.

so i followed some tutorials and wanted to deactivate DHCP service to save most of the boot time but somehow now network.service takes longer than DHCP did before.

DHCP took 6.comsthing seconds according to systemd-analyze blame

no thats gone but...

network.service takes 9.something seconds 

am i goin nuts or is this normal?

btw this on wifi which i do kinda need. is there not way to speed it up? i thought static ip was there for exactly that reason - to fasten stuff up well.. and to always have the same ip you can connect to but....anyway someone help me 

the last tutorial literally said if it doesnt connect to get the help of a grown up :D sooo....it connects but ....i could still use some help here

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

solved by not waiting for connection. my bad.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3