Graphics issues but can't determine what

Specs: Dell E2214H monitor. DVI-D cable. DELL OptiPlex 790. GTX 1050. i7-2600 quad core 3.4ghZ.  8gb ram.

For the past few months my graphics card has been experiencing some issues. It first started out as it not getting power from the slot because of the angle and I had to adjust it. My monitor would turn off but I could still hear my computer. I had to restart. Recently I've been experiencing a new problem where the GPU doesn't actually lose power but the screen just goes black. I know this because the GPU was still running. There are two forms of this. There is one where the screen just goes black and the monitor says it's going to power save mode. The second situation is where the power to the GPU doesn't go away either but I hear a loud vibrating noise and the monitor turns a random color. So far I've seen white, black, green, light blue, and blue. I assume the motherboard is fine because through all this I can still hear what's going on in my computer so if I was playing music or in a call I could still hear and talk. Someone also said that if my caps lock and num lock keys worked while the problem was happening my motherboard was fine, and they work. This only happens when I'm gaming by the way. 

IMG_20190410_182728.jpg

It wouldn't hurt to check your thermals on the card? It could be getting too hot since you said it only happens while gaming.

Also would be wise to make sure all of your drivers are up to date, especially your GPU drivers.

3 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

Did you overclock you're system? What PSU you have?

I didn't overclock it. I have a i7-2600.

2 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

It wouldn't hurt to check your thermals on the card? It could be getting too hot since you said it only happens while gaming.

Also would be wise to make sure all of your drivers are up to date, especially your GPU drivers.

All the drivers are up to date. I will do the thermals check.

Just now, Zuhair Ishraque said:

All the drivers are up to date. I will do the thermals check.

Try to see if fan is dead maybe, if new drivers don't work install old ones :) and IF that doesn't work you can try linus method with cooking gpu xD

2 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

Try to see if fan is dead maybe, if new drivers don't work install old ones :) and IF that doesn't work you can try linus method with cooking gpu xD

The fan is fine.

6 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

Is your DVI-D cable plugged in ur gpu not in your motherboard?

It's plugged in my GPU. It's not overheating I just monitored it while running a game. At this point it's happening within 5 minutes of turning on any game.

30 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

Did you reapply thermal paste?

I don't have that.

11 hours ago, Zuhair Ishraque said:

I don't have that.

What are the temperatures?

39 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

What are the temperatures?

For the GPU it showed 40 Celsius. I looked up the overheat temperature for NVIDIA and they said it's usually around 105 Celsius.

55 minutes ago, Zuhair Ishraque said:

For the GPU it showed 40 Celsius. I looked up the overheat temperature for NVIDIA and they said it's usually around 105 Celsius.

maybe your power supply is too weak or something other than that i don't know

8 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

maybe your power supply is too weak or something other than that i don't know

Do you think plugging my power supply cable into the wall instead of the multi-outlet brick might give it more power?

1 hour ago, Zuhair Ishraque said:

Do you think plugging my power supply cable into the wall instead of the multi-outlet brick might give it more power?

I doubt it would. Your PSU already doesn't consume necessarily all of it's wattage at all times. Most of the time you have to worry about how much power is able to flow through your PSU itself to your parts rather than the outlet to your PSU.

Do you know your wattage for your PSU?

1 hour ago, KhakiHat said:

I doubt it would. Your PSU already doesn't consume necessarily all of it's wattage at all times. Most of the time you have to worry about how much power is able to flow through your PSU itself to your parts rather than the outlet to your PSU.

Do you know your wattage for your PSU?

520 watts.

I am out right now but last night the graphics card wouldn't power on in the first place. I restarted my PC multiple times and re-seated the GPU multiple times. One thing to note: I turn my computer on using the PSU switch because my power button doesn't work. I have been doing this for about a year. Would that be a cause for any problems?

7 hours ago, Zuhair Ishraque said:

I am out right now but last night the graphics card wouldn't power on in the first place. I restarted my PC multiple times and re-seated the GPU multiple times. One thing to note: I turn my computer on using the PSU switch because my power button doesn't work. I have been doing this for about a year. Would that be a cause for any problems?

Could you elaborate on what you mean by PSU switch? I understand that you can turn on/off the main power but what do you mean by turning it on with a PSU switch?

1 hour ago, KhakiHat said:

Could you elaborate on what you mean by PSU switch? I understand that you can turn on/off the main power but what do you mean by turning it on with a PSU switch?

The switch on the power supply.

12 hours ago, Zuhair Ishraque said:

The switch on the power supply.

How would that power the system on? Usually people keep the switch on their power supply on all the time, and either use the case's power button or motherboard's power button(or shorting the power pins on the motherboard) to turn the system on.