Question about Windows 10 install language

CadetSparklez

Hey, not gonna format this like crazy bc its just a quick question but with a hard to find answer.

Just installing windows again, the usb key my dad got from the university has the language as english (us) instead of english international (canadian). Are there any things that I cant change to canadian english later?

(just suspecting since its on install there might be certain places where it doesn't get changed)

Also while you're here... know if theres any limitations on windows 10 educational? when I looked it up it seemed to have the combined features of professional and server (!) but I'm not sure if I missed anything

Thanks!

I'm Canadian and don't know the difference between the two, I always install the us one

I don't really know what you'd expect between English and English, its the same language

And no, if anything it just gives you more features, works perfect for anything really

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

just have u's in certain words like colour etc, thanks for the answer about educational though :)

W10 EDU is meant to sale to college's universities etc, for use on the computers. The feature set is largely the same as Windows 10 Enterprise, though i did hear somewhere that they may be discontinuing the edu edition.  An individual user cannot buy a EDU or Enterprise license.

As you noticed the Install language can only be set well during the install, that being said you can install other language packs.

The short of it, doesn't really matter. Your key will work with any language installer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/9/2019 at 8:22 PM, Snipergod87 said:

W10 EDU is meant to sale to college's universities etc, for use on the computers. The feature set is largely the same as Windows 10 Enterprise, though i did hear somewhere that they may be discontinuing the edu edition.  An individual user cannot buy a EDU or Enterprise license.

As you noticed the Install language can only be set well during the install, that being said you can install other language packs.

okay, Ill look for another language pack.

btw I've gotten the code from the university's IT department since my dad is a professor there

Also, when I installed this time there was a new version called pro educational that didn't show up before on the previous pc I installed on, so I went with that. (maybe they cancelled the original edu to split it into 2 versions?)