Big problem need solution

Hello everyone,

So my firm does sales via telephone, I need a way to make those audio records available online to my customers. But for example only the file that is relevant to specific customer. We have a local NAS and i was wondering if it's possible to somehow make files from my NAS available online with password that we would send to specifc customer for their audio log. 

Looking forward to your suggestions 

One solution is google drive / one drive / dropbox if you are already a customer of their services. You just create shareable links.

Alternatively you could use Nextcloud, connect it to your SMB share, and then you can also create shareable links (with or without a password) to files or folders.

Depending on the size of the file(s) you could just send them over email after each call.

Yes, but not easily.

How are the audio logs captured? Does someone manually sort them, or is that automated?

I'd suggest a scenario where you setup a Database that tracks the Call Log ID (unique number for each Audio Log), and associates each log with a customer ID as well.

Then, you can setup a web server with an authentication portal (think a CMS like Drupal, Joomla, WP - or custom build your own with PHP, etc). The portal then authenticates the customer via a username that is associated with the Customer ID.

At that point, you have your CMS hook into the database, and use the Customer ID to pull a list of every audio log. Finally, you can have it generate a link for them to download.

This isn't easy stuff though. Do you have any web devs and DB admins on your workforce team?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, Mikensan said:

One solution is google drive / one drive / dropbox if you are already a customer of their services. You just create shareable links.

Alternatively you could use Nextcloud, connect it to your SMB share, and then you can also create shareable links (with or without a password) to files or folders.

Depending on the size of the file(s) you could just send them over email after each call.

I second NextCloud as a good alternative, especially if the OP doesn't want to "automate" things.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If the business is expanding and the customer base is growing, I would definitely find a way to automate it. Totally agree with @dalekphalm.

It's not terribly hard to script something that as a new customer hits the database a new account (RADIUS / AD / Whatever) is created and temporary credentials mailed out to the customer. Once they have an account (in AD for example) then all you other services (nextcloud) can authenticate against that. The same script can go in and modify the ACL permissions of the folders that your call center software creates to store the recordings, and if this is one large SMB share then when you log into nextcloud you're only going to see what you have permission to. If you want to get fancy you can even edit the AD schema to include a spot to store your customer IDs and pull that from your call center database (or just use an existing attribute like Employee Number).

The only thing I think is a problem is nextcloud doesn't give the users a way to change their AD password, you'd need another web portal for that - so as pointed out by Dalek a central portal like Joomla with an AD plugin that would let them do so, and serve as a central portal for other resources (tickets / wiki / metrics / audio recordings). I bet Joomla (and the others) even have a nextcloud/dropbox/smb/etc... plugin to give them access to the files.

Might I interject that you should consult with a lawyer first if that what you are doing is even legal? ?

3 minutes ago, Acedia said:

Might I interject that you should consult with a lawyer first if that what you are doing is even legal? ?

What exactly would be illegal about what they do?

As long as they provide a disclaimer that the call is being recorded, that's generally sufficient (I am, of course, making the assumption that they do have a disclaimer already).

Recording calls is standard procedure for any phone based customer care system.