Everything on my computer is crashing, and I think it might be a memory issue

Here's my situation. As of a few days ago, my computer was working perfectly normally and was completely fine. For the past few weeks, I have been running this Minecraft server for my friends and I to play on. A few days ago, all of a sudden, my chrome browser begins to have issues while my server is running. It gives me the "aw snap" message and crashes. I thought that this might have been a temporary issue, and decided to shut down the server for the day and restart my computer. Upon restarting, everything seemed to work fine when I was running chrome with a few tabs between my monitors. I decided to play a game and watch a video at the same time and discovered more problems. The game would either crash after a while or chrome would give the error message again and crash itself. Fast forward to today, and the problem has just amplified. Games won't load up on their own without crashing or bugging out, and I can barely even keep one tab of chrome up without it crashing. I am making sure to copy this post every few seconds just in case chrome crashes while I am writing it. I tested to see what would happen if I booted up my server again, and was prompted with the message "Error occurred during initialization of VM, Could not reserve enough space for object heap". Also, sometimes chrome said it could not reserve enough memory for the page. Yet despite all of this, my memory usage was still only around 35%. I can hardly launch anything now and it's really frustrating because I build it a month ago.

A quick note is that I had this same problem on my old pc when I ran a server, but only figured that it was just my computer finally biting the dust after 5 years. Now I think it's a problem with the server but have found no reports on a similar issue anywhere else. I am posting this here to ask if anyone has had a similar problem with their memory or computer.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Earn

How much memory do you have available? Do you have a Paging File?

Also just switch to firefox.

I suppose I like a chairs a little too much.

Download and install onto flash drive https://www.memtest86.com/

Run a memory diagnostic make sure you don't get any errors, this could take awhile depending on amount of memory and speed, go for at least 1 pass.

That would at least rule out any physical hardware defects with your RAM.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:52 PM, TheChairSalesman said:

How much memory do you have available? Do you have a Paging File?

Also just switch to firefox.

I have 16 gb of memory, and my paging file is set to 49152 MB (I haven't changed it since I built this pc)