AMD and Intel not getting along

Freakiefrog

So here's the story. Was running a Q6600 with 8 gigs of ddr2 ram and a GTS 250. I upgraded to a Radeon RX 560 and everything was going swimmingly.

Recently I rescued an i7 3770, bought an intel dp67gb board and 8 gigs of memory. Plug everything in get it set up and it wont post wont even let me hard start into the bios its giving me the error "code E6" which according to the Intel site means graphics processor error. I swap the other GTS card in and it boots just fine. I was able to use the new card in a much older board with an lga 775 socket. I can't figure out why the newer-ish 1155 i7 board is having a problem with this newer GPU

Bios is the latest version

Chip set firmware is the latest verson..

somebody help I'm hoping its a bios setting that's keeping it from posting.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Get rid of your display drivers

Does the 3770 build post without the gpu?  Oh fuck I guess it would if you have a cpuz screenshot

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

PSU? 

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

18 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

PSU? 

Just upgraded to an evga 750 G3

23 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Get rid of your display drivers

Does the 3770 build post without the gpu?  Oh fuck I guess it would if you have a cpuz screenshot

It'll post with the older GTS250 card but not the newer 560. but you think uninstalling all the graphics drivers might get it to boot? With the 560 in I can't even get into the bios to see whats up with it.

1 minute ago, Freakiefrog said:

It'll post with the older GTS250 card but not the newer 560

Yeah I corrected myself, try DDU and install AMD drivers

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Ok i uninstall all graphics drivers even the Intel ones and still no dice.

Small update, updated all my drivers including PCIe and chipset ect. Still in the boot process it gets to the E6 and just freezes. I even unlocked the power management to the PCIe slots in the bios. even that didn't do it.. time to do some deep digging.

Ok so I've had to put in an AMD service support. I even did a cross compatibility check with the PCIe slots here's where I'm at you can see my board has discrete graphics support for 2 PCIe 3.0x16 and that the native slots have 2 PCIe 2.0x16 slots. The AMD card says its interface is a PCIe 3.0x8 which according to my web dive should run in an 16x slot seeing as how it ran on a PCIe 1.0x16 slot not a week ago. Also my current card is a PCIe 2.0x16 GTS 250 which runs with out a hitch. I'm going to put the AMD back in the Q6600 machine just to make 100% sure that some how the card didn't get bricked between the q6600 board and the 3770 board.

Anyone have any input? or suggestions?

INTEL.JPG

AMD.JPG

GTS 250.JPG

The mystery is solved. After everything all it took was p ulling out the CMOS battery installing the AMD graphics card and rebooting the system and boom its like they were made for each other.  

AMD.PNG

2 hours ago, Freakiefrog said:

Do you have secure boot or csm enabled in bios?

It's not a race to the bottom.

9 hours ago, 0x1e said:

Do you have secure boot or csm enabled in bios?

I'll have to double check. I was just happy to get to play The District 2 that came with my Corsair K95 keyboard