Sama Armor 650w

Marko_91

Sama Armor 650w catched my eye. Its mid range, 650w cost about 80-85 euro at my country. Could someone tell me pros and cons of this psu? Is it loud? I would like as silent as posible psu. Im planing to use it on ryzen 5 2600 (I will overclock it to 4.1 probably), with 16gb 3200mhz of ram, gpu rx580 8gb and a be queit! dark rock pro cpu cooler, if that last info matter.

Would it be better if I go for this system with Sama Armor 550w for 70 euros, to save some bucks? 

I can also get used one for 45 euro, this one is 750w.

Could i get some better psu for that money? Going little up with price is ok, if it is worth it, but i would prefer to stay up to 85 euros, if possible paying even less.

My location is Serbia.

What would be best deal?

Regards

3 minutes ago, Marko_91 said:

Im planing to use it on ryzen 5 2600 (I will overclock it to 4.1 probably), with 16gb 3200mhz of ram, gpu rx580 8gb and a dark pro cpu cooler, if that last info matter.
Would it be better if I go for this system with Sama Armor 550w for 70 euros, to save some bucks? 

If it helps you when choosing PSUs, that system will use <350W under heavy load, even with the CPU overclock. So the cheaper 550W would be the better buy.

10 minutes ago, Marko_91 said:

Could i get some better psu for that money? Going little up with price is ok, if it is worth it, but i would prefer to stay up to 85 euros, if possible paying even less.

My location is Serbia.

What would be best deal?

Do you have a link to some Serbian PC part stores you can buy from? No idea what's available or what prices are like there so difficult to say whether any other units are worth considering.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

13 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

that are a lot of bombs there...

valuewise the SAMA is about the best i can find, but i'll let @Spotty check too

Yeah, I'll trust you... I had a quick look and searched "power supply" on some of those sites and all it came up was Thermaltake Smart and LC-Power units so I gave up.

I'm not sure what the noise levels are like from the SAMA Armor, can't seem to find any meaningful reviews for it and no Cybernetics report for it either.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

39 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Thermaltake Smart and LC-Power units so I gave up.

yeah... i found mostly cm elite, lc-power, tt smart, crap like that. or i found a cm v-series at double the price

40 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'm not sure what the noise levels are like from the SAMA Armor, can't seem to find any meaningful reviews for it and no Cybernetics report for it either.

me neither

The SAMA Armor is "decent".

Other options in Serbia would be the FSP Hexa 85+ or the Seasonic Focus Plus Gold.

All of these options are available in a 550W, BTW.  650W is more than you need.

They also have Cooler Master MWE Gold and FSP Hydro GD and GE available, but I didn't see if the prices are decent.

Ok, so, based on your suggestions...

I can get:

1) Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550w for 95-100 euro

2) FSP Hexa 85  550w for 63 euro

3) Cooler Master MWE Gold 550w  82 euro

4) FSP Hydro GD 550w  76 euro

5) FSP Hydro GE (only 650w)  85 euro

6) Sama armor 550w gold 80 plus 70 euro

I edited post.

I've checked prices of those that you mentioned. So, which one should I go with?

EDIT 2: 
I've found this link, dont know how reliable that test is, but they put in cons that sama armor is loud psu.

https://www.techspot.com/products/power-supplies/fsp-group-hydro-g-750w.125533/

Just now, Marko_91 said:

Ok, so, based on your suggestions...

I can get:

Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550w for 100 euro

i wouldn't consider a sama to be worse tbh... seasonic hasn't been good with the focus line...

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i wouldn't consider a sama to be worse tbh... seasonic hasn't been good with the focus line...

I've edited that post.

8 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Why? Because of the Focus' faulty OCP?

The Sama Armor's protection implementation is much worse. OPP set at 145%, no minor OCP, no OTP...

It's 12V ripple is pretty wacky, peaking to 70+mV at lower loads.

Out of spec hold up timings.

And the standby power consumption is outside of the EU standard.

I doubt you've acutally read a review for it.

https://www.computerbase.de/2018-02/550-w-oberklassenetzteile-test-bitfenix-inter-tech-seasonic/3/#diagramm-restwelligkeit-plus-12-volt-feste-lasten

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

6 hours ago, Rexper said:

It's 12V ripple is pretty wacky, peaking to 70+mV at lower loads.

...wich is reason enough to demand a second Sample and retest the unit at the next possible time because that might be a defect...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

45 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

...wich is reason enough to demand a second Sample and retest the unit at the next possible time because that might be a defect...

If we ignore that, the 12V ripple overall (found from a couple reviews) sits at 40 to 50mV which is still below the top tier competition.

I wonder why they switched their ST9S429-PG14 to a Grenergy GR8329N. Both support a range of protections, but the ComputerBase review still finds protections not implemented.

1 hour ago, Rexper said:

in the end it's a 40 dollar difference for something i personally don't consider to be better. so my recommendation for the sama psu

Thank you all in participating this thread in order to help me.

So, based on this list, SAMA ARMOR is best to go? Is some of them specificly silent more then others? I would not like it to be noisy.

1) Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550w for 95-100 euro

2) FSP Hexa 85  550w for 63 euro

3) Cooler Master MWE Gold 550w  82 euro

4) FSP Hydro GD 550w  76 euro

5) FSP Hydro GE (only 650w)  85 euro

6) Sama armor 550w gold 80 plus 70 euro

None.

1) Overpriced.

2) Not as high quality as the others. Also couldn't find any noise data.

3) Not quiet.

4 and 5) Couldn't find any in depth reviews with noise tests.

6) Not very quiet past mid load.

I suggest contacting some guys at kupujemprodajem for a Bitfenix Whisper or Formula. eg. https://www.kupujemprodajem.com//Kompjuteri-Desktop/Napajanja/BITFENIX-napajanja-54971304-oglas.htm?filter_id=57213661

It seams that they only have bitfenix formula, is that one good too?

@Marko_91

Bitfenix formula is very popular and a great unit, available even in 450w. 

Not modular though, but that feature is overrated in most cases... 

If you're able to buy formula for good price, get it 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Im very thankfull to all of you taking your time to help me.

I can get bitfenix whisper m 550w for 89euro, or bitfexin formula 550w for 78euro. 
Are those bitfexin psu's better then those that I mentione before, for its price? If so, which bitfenix of those two should i go with? Is major difference betwen those two being modular and not? 

Would i have problems with cable managment if i go with non modular psu? I have using modular one for last 12 years, so i dont know a shit as you can see regarding psu's...

Whisper M550 for 90 euros? That's great! IMHO Formula and Whisper are very good units. Definitely worth buying. The Whisper M is modular, whereas Formula is fixed. Modular has the advantage of better cable management and in some cases that can result in better airflow-less heat in the case. I'd pick Whisper M though.

Any of those mentioned Bitfenix PSU-s a fine choice. Problem seems to be solved with these options.. :)

oh btw, I see that you have RX-580, which can consume above 200W-s under heavy load. You can fine-tune voltage settings with AMD Wattman to get better power efficiency&less wattage with the same performance. IT's just a sidenote though.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

3 hours ago, Marko_91 said:

I can get bitfenix whisper m 550w for 89euro, or bitfexin formula 550w for 78euro.

hm... that's better than the focus imo… if you want to spend the extra money over the SAMA, it's worth it. both are good units from BitFenix, so it's mainly the fan and modularity where you would pay for (in your case)