Computer takes 15 seconds to get out of sleep

cpugeek21

Just some background information first. 

I recently changed my graphics card, and everything was running nice and dandy. But, over the past few days, I realised that if I put my computer to sleep and then came back to it after a couple of hours, it takes pretty long to get out of sleep (roughly 15 seconds). But this is a one-time thing, meaning after it wakes up, and I put it back to sleep again, it will wake up normally in 2 seconds, which I think is supposed to be normal.

Should I be worried? I'm quite particular about such stuff like this since it could mean something wrong with my components, and trust me, I have had multiple components die on me over the past years (mobo, ssd, hdd, 2 gpus, ram) so I want to solve this problem before any component dies on me again.

Or could it have something to do with power options etc? For info, I was running integrated graphics, but I recently got a nice deal for a used GPU, so I changed over (Powercolor RX 580 Red Dragon).

Any information or advice would be helpful, thanks!

It's probably your ssds/hdds turning off after a while then needing time to turn back on. You can change when they turn off in power settings. 

I had a similar issue and sort of still do now. I have a 750 ti and the driver crashes, and the screen stays black for around 10 seconds whenever i go into sleep and wake up again and if i put it in sleep right after and wake it up it sometimes works.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm