msi windforce 770 4gb or dual sli 650ti cards?

I am preparing for my first build and I have done my n research, but I am curious to know from a gaming and cuda standpoint what is better: a MSI windforce 770 4gb or dual sli 650ti cards? Any input is helpful.

I am preparing for my first build and I have done my n research, but I am curious to know from a gaming and cuda standpoint what is better: a MSI windforce 770 4gb or dual sli 650ti cards? Any input is helpful.

Single 770 4gb. As somebody who went dual-gpu.... Dont go dual-gpu. Especially dual weaker gpus

Also welcome to the forums!

The 770 is better. It has the same number of cuda cores but is better in every other way. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Dual 650ti Boosts are almost on par with a 670. Those are boost editions, so regular Tis would be less horsepower. So a 770 (which is essentially a 680) will be much more powerful.

Don't get a 4GB one please. It's a waste of money.

If you are straped for cash, then you could start off with one 650 Ti Boost and buy another one later

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

The 4GB version is not a waste of money,

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

The 4GB version is not a waste of money,

It kinda is still. It won't use it. 2GB is enough for what is a GTX 680

Your a waste of money

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

BTW in the original post I meant gigabyte windforce.

You can edit your OP with 'Edit: Extra Info' next time.

Also, welcome to the forums! 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It will still use more than 2GB, which is sure to be the botleneck of the card in a few years.

Your a waste of money

*You're

*You're

-.-

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Having too much VWAM is better than having too little.

If he isn't going to go above 1080p and has no plans to crossfire it, then that 4gb of VWAM will probably be a waste if newer games don't start whoring heavy textures. Albeit modern games are already pushing close to the 2gb VWAM limit.

Error: 410

Having too much VWAM is better than having too little.

If he isn't going to go above 1080p and has no plans to crossfire it, then that 4gb of VWAM will probably be a waste if newer games don't start whoring heavy textures. Albeit modern games are already pushing close to the 2gb VWAM limit.

Sorry but VWAM sounds cute xD

Video Wandom access Memory.

It will still use more than 2GB, which is sure to be the botleneck of the card in a few years.

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/gtx-770-4gb-vs-2gb-tested/4/

?

its so marginal

even at the higher resolutions above 1080p

sure if uits like $10-$20 but not more otherwise it really is a waste.

who knows what the future holds maybe something will come out that optimizes textures even further so that less Vram is used

It will still use 3.2GB. If you plan to own your card for any number of years you'd obviously get the 4GB version.

Maximum... Game

Windows 7 'til 2077 CPU Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz HSF Noctua NH-D14 GPU EVGA 780 TI ACX DISPLAY 2x ASUS VN248H-P RAM 6GB G.SKILL 1333Mhz MOBO ASUS P6T Deluxe SOUND ASUS Xonar Essence STX PHONES Sennhesier HD598 SSD Samsung 840 PRO 128GB HDD Western Digital Black PSU Corsair HX620 CASE Corsair Graphite 600T Artic White  MOUSE Corsair M65 Artic White KEYBOARD Corsair K70 MX Brown PAD Corsair MM200

GTX 770 2GB - Get it if this is the only GPU you'll have until you replace it. You'll run out of power before you do VRAM.

GTX 770 4GB - Get it if you know you're going to get a second GPU for SLI. The increased power will make the VRAM more useful than a single card would.

GTX 650 Ti SLI - No.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

...Dont be that guy.

Too late, I am that guy.