The invisible data

So here is a weird one for you guys, I have a 120gb ssd with 50gb of stuff on it....but it is full and keeps getting fuller as I make more space from the 50GB.... I have no idea where the other space is being used up as I checked hidden files and everything and there is nothing more than that 50gb.. so what Is going on? magical stuff? 

10 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

So here is a weird one for you guys, I have a 120gb ssd with 50gb of stuff on it....but it is full and keeps getting fuller as I make more space from the 50GB.... I have no idea where the other space is being used up as I checked hidden files and everything and there is nothing more than that 50gb.. so what Is going on? magical stuff? 

Open CMD as Admin
Powercfg -h Off
Removed Hibernation file,.. can still put PC to sleep and all that,.. removes Hibernation file which is going to be the size of your total memory. (16GB for 16GB, 8GB for 8GB)

Thats a small start :)
As for the rest,. surely there are programs that could help figure out the deal....

Windows uses 20-30gb or less right? Depending on How recently updated, minimal programs and all that...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Open CMD as Admin
Powercfg -h Off
Removed Hibernation file,.. can still put PC to sleep and all that,.. removes Hibernation file which is going to be the size of your total memory. (16GB for 16GB, 8GB for 8GB)

Thats a small start :)
As for the rest,. surely there are programs that could help figure out the deal....

Windows uses 20-30gb or less right? Depending on How recently updated, minimal programs and all that...

the 50GB is total files on the drive that are visible. So considering I have hidden files shown that should be almost everything. It's just strange that there is stuff that is not shown when hidden files are supposed to be shown