B450 or X470 Ryzen 3000 series

So I am trying to decide what motherboard to purchase for the upcoming ryzen 3000 series releases. I plan on getting the Ryzen 5 3600 8/16 core cpu. (assuming that is the correct name) It is the mid tier cpu and the price point I need to have.

If I purchase a mobo now and just wait on it until the cpu's come out I can not just plug and play correct? I need to update BIOS to the new gen? If so; how is that done easily? Do I just throw the BIOS on a usb and use that?

Should I wait for the 450/470 mobos that come pre-loaded with the BIOS? I'm looking to not spend very much on the mobo itself so the 500 series coming out is out of the question.

Thank you for your time!

Just wait for the new motherboards if you don't plan on buying an existing Ryzen processor. I believe some BIOS's have already been released that support Zen 2, but you would still have to update it yourself with a current gen CPU.. Unless you got one of the really expensive motherboards that don't require a CPU to flash the BIOS (Crosshair VII).

We don't know how well current motherboards will support 3rd gen, so my advice..

Just wait!

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

17 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

but you would still have to update it yourself with a current gen CPU.

You can contact AMD and they'll send you some cheap cpu to use as a boot kit to update your BIOS so that shouldn't be a worry

550/570 boards shouldn't be drastically different in pricing to the 450/470 series, probably best to wait, worst case you can buy a decent 450/470 later when you're getting the cpu

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W