Aliens

TheMidnightNarwhal

What do you guys think about aliens and life outside of our planet? Do you think they visited us? What's your thoughts on them?  For my part, I think they visited us and the government are simply hiding it from us because it would be to much of a commotion and citizens would want to communicate with them and such. Also, what do you think about the Wow! message? If you speed it up x10, you can hear a police radio conversation.

Off topic much, but I think it's quite likely that they indeed exist.

Compatible with Windows 95

I believe in the South Park theory.

Earth is just a huge reality TV show.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Even though this is somewhat (more like only ever so slightly so) related to tech, this thread belongs in the Off Topic section more than General Discussion so I'm moving it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Extra terrestrial life is mathematically very probable.

Fermi Paradox. 

Probably. But unlikely within our galaxy at the very least. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

since it's off topic now...

humans-ancient-aliens-guy-250x250.jpg

OT:

I'm somewhat believe in the idea of simulation theory ran by aliens/humans that just want to recreate life in the past so they created

us to see what it might've been O_O

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

I can see a reason of why they wouldn't have "come out of the closet" to us. We're a dumb species compared to a space-faring one.

aliens-history-channel-costumeazathoth-i

just wanted to be that guy

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Fermi Paradox.

First you would have to know for certain that visitation had not already occured, I'm not saying it has at all but I am saying that I can't prove it has not.

Well assuming by aliens you really mean a plant/moon with liquid water (thats the only essential thing where looking for) then there is a likely hood that there is alien life on most likely 1 plant of every class g star, as we have two, one planet (thats us by the way) and the moon Europa (one of Jupiter moons with a sold ice capping layer above a liquid ocean heated by the gravitational contractions caused by Jupiter while Europa is going about its elliptical orbit)

As for the hole has intelligent aliens coming to are planet, no not a chance that any species that can live in the space environment can be stopped by any and all ours governments as we are a really young species and were not that much better than an ape trying to reach a banana with a stick.

As for the wow signal since it has never been repeated it is statistically insignificant and requires no further thought...

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

Why would god make other species live on other planets, while they revolve around our planet (which is the center of the universe) ??

There is no god, we evolved through natural selection, 

As for the universe there is no centre as the geometry of space-time warps back in on itself.

General relativity and differential geometry anyone.........

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

Aliens 99.9% certainly exist. Whether they have visited earth or not, who knows? Maybe they have been searching for planets to support life like we have, but maybe our planet doesn't support their life form. 

since it's off topic now...

humans-ancient-aliens-guy-250x250.jpg

OT:

I'm somewhat believe in the idea of simulation theory ran by aliens/humans that just want to recreate life in the past so they created

us to see what it might've been O_O

aliens-history-channel-costumeazathoth-i

just wanted to be that guy

post-5552-0-62937700-1390259872_thumb.jp

post-5552-0-63433000-1390259895.png

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Aliens 99.9% certainly exist. Whether they have visited earth or not, who knows? Maybe they have been searching for planets to support life like we have, but maybe our planet doesn't support their life form. 

not to be mean but if you put a percentage you need a sigma value of the certainty,

other than that yeah im pretty sure there is intelligent life beyond are solar system, but i think if a species can travel that far through space they can easily terraform a planet to what ever ends they need, hell we as a species are planning to do that to Mars.

how-did-furries-come-into-existence-alie

hahaahahahhahahaha perfect

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

not to be mean but if you put a percentage you need a sigma value of the certainty,

other than that yeah im pretty sure there is intelligent life beyond are solar system, but i think if a species can travel that far through space they can easily terraform a planet to what ever ends they need, hell we as a species are planning to do that to Mars.

Was more using the percentage just to show how likely it is, rather than it actually being correct.

It's possible that an alien life form may have extremely advanced flying/teleportation/ whatever they use to travel a large distance technology, but not advanced technologies allowing them to terraform and create artificial environments/manipulate environments. 

It all depends on what theories you use and believe. But no matter what you go with, they are still theories. I personally like the idea of a multiverse. It could also explain things that statistically should have happened, but haven't. Although, if you watch any programmes about multiverses or infinity, it may make your head hurt if you think too much (:

Was more using the percentage just to show how likely it is, rather than it actually being correct.

It's possible that an alien life form may have extremely advanced flying/teleportation/ whatever they use to travel a large distance technology, but not advanced technologies allowing them to terraform and create artificial environments/manipulate environments. 

It all depends on what theories you use and believe. But no matter what you go with, they are still theories. I personally like the idea of a multiverse. It could also explain things that statistically should have happened, but haven't. Although, if you watch any programmes about multiverses or infinity, it may make your head hurt if you think too much (:

Theory means fact, I think you mean idea, but scientific theory is matter of fact speaking with lots (like 5 sigma type results) of empirical data and mathematical prof.

its incredibly unlikely that a species can accelerate them selves close enough to the speed of light without changing there own planet (they would need to be this fast as to make the hole living in an eco system that is sustainable for that type of flights). Or you could perhaps mention quantum teleportation in which I will go fair enough you can get around the speed of light problem but you need to get a huge amount of triplet state from being formed at your origin (home planet) and moving one of the two particle that is in this triplet state to the desired location (then its just simple enough mathematical exploitation from there) but thats just moving one bit of information to move an entire person would need 10^30 bits {thats just the atomic states of the molecules in your body havent gotten to the chemistry part yeat} so you really do need to get there first with a huge amount of these triplet states to make that possible.

I should mention I do have a physics degree and im doing a masters in physics currently so no multiverse is simpler than a lot of other ideas, but thats the problem with what id call theoretical physics beyond a certain energy scale as we cannot test it yeat and as such that is not science, as science is fundamentally an experimental exercise on the universe that we have.

Nice conversation though.

There is much evidence that aliens have visited us but i'm still not convinced, but givin the size of the universe, I cannot say that there isn't something else alive out there. Just imagine how the discovery of a plant on another planet would change everything.

Why would god make other species live on other planets, while they revolve around our planet (which is the center of the universe) ??

not true, the earth is flat.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!