Radiator Placement: Top VS Front

Hey people! I'm switching cases soon and I need to decide where to place my radiator. I'm considering getting the Meshify C and it has options for top or front mount. From my understanding, front mount gives lower CPU but higher GPU and top mounting gives lower GPU but higher CPU temps. I do a lot of heavy gaming and video editing and my CPU runs at around 55C and my GPU at around 74C. I really want to do top mounting for the aesthetics but will it hurt my CPU temps?I've read answers on other forums and it seems that people say front mounting is better. My current case is the MasterBox Pro 5 and I front mount my 240mm radiator.

Just now, Saksham said:

will you have 3x front fans?

yes I will, I believe they're the rgb ones included with the MasterBox Pro 5. I also have dedicated fans that came from the radiator so it'll be essentially push pull

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

I'd do front as top blocks ram on meshify.

How short does the ram have to be

21 minutes ago, ArcticEngineer said:

Hey people! I'm switching cases soon and I need to decide where to place my radiator. I'm considering getting the Meshify C and it has options for top or front mount. From my understanding, front mount gives lower CPU but higher GPU and top mounting gives lower GPU but higher CPU temps. I do a lot of heavy gaming and video editing and my CPU runs at around 55C and my GPU at around 74C. I really want to do top mounting for the aesthetics but will it hurt my CPU temps?I've read answers on other forums and it seems that people say front mounting is better. My current case is the MasterBox Pro 5 and I front mount my 240mm radiator.

2 degrees wont hurt anyone, just go with what looks best.

46 minutes ago, ArcticEngineer said:

I really want to do top mounting for the aesthetics but will it hurt my CPU temps?

Yes but if its fits its a better option, since your GPU temps will be impacted if you use front mounting.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:27 PM, ArcticEngineer said:

How short does the ram have to be

30-35mm

I’d never do front. Unless I needed more cooling and already had a part that would only fit there. 

Prefer never to impead airflow unless it’s a filter. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz