Want to get a prebuilt pc without a GPU

I have a PC right now, but want to upgrade it. It is an old Origin PC which I have kept through the years. 

Soon I am going to be moving to a college dorm and won't have space for the full size case. 
What I am looking for is a prebuild PC without the GPU or storage so that I can just take them from my old PC and put them in my new one. 
However, all the pre build sites don't allow you to just not select one. So I don't really know what to do.

On top of that I want to upgrade to a new Motherboard & CPU and maybe grab some DDR4 ram while im at it.

So you want someone to install a power supply into a case for you? All those other parts you want to provide for the new build constitute pretty much everything else in the system.

1 minute ago, Happycowdance said:

anything wrong with just building it yourself?

To be totally honest, not really. I just don't know what to look/pair with what I have. Especially with the case options. 

2 minutes ago, DezGalbie said:

So you want someone to install a power supply into a case for you? All those other parts you want to provide for the new build constitute pretty much everything else in the system.

Power supply, CPU, motherboard. Literally all I want to do is add my own GPU.

1 minute ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

Power supply, CPU, motherboard. Literally all I want to do is add my own GPU.

Ok what gpu do you have

1 minute ago, Juniiii said:

Ok what gpu do you have

currently a GTX 1070.

2 minutes ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

currently a GTX 1070.

What’s your budget?

Make a PC part picker list. it sounds like you really just want a new computer that you would move your storage over too.

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard

8 minutes ago, TwopennyMoon0 said:

Get a PC with a Ryzen 5 2400g or Ryzen 3 2200g

No no no, he wants to add a GPU lolololol

2 hours ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

To be totally honest, not really. I just don't know what to look/pair with what I have. Especially with the case options. 

Well if that's all it is, then can always just ask here.

Essentially the 1070 is a little worse than the Vega 56 and that runs perfectly with an AMD 2600X, so I'd say pairing it with that or a 2600 should go smoothly.  Seeing as you can pick that and a motherboard up for about the cost of an Intel CPU on its own (at least here), it would help with the budget you have too.

All in all, for a budget of $1200 not including the GPU, you could get yourself a beastly PC.

M/Board: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X || Cooler: Wraith MAX || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB || GPU: ASIS Strix Radeon Vega 56 || Storage: WD Black 500GB NVMe & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD || Case: Sahara P35 RGB mid-tower || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W

Art Tablets: UGEE 15.6" Graphics Monitor & XP-Pen 15.6" Display Tablet

35 minutes ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

$1200 ish

Threw this together and it was still under 1200.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($283.79 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($165.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Samsung) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB G1 Gaming Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case: NZXT - H200 (White) Mini ITX Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($106.23 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $985.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-21 13:50 EDT-0400

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

PCPartpicker does all of the size formatting for you. Look into a nice mATX or mini ATX build video. You could save hundreds just putting together the puzzle yourself.

All you have to do is check that micro ATX checkbox when searching all your parts!

I liked this video a lot for a mini atx build video 

11 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

PCPartpicker does all of the size formatting for you. Look into a nice mATX or mini ATX build video. You could save hundreds just putting together the puzzle yourself.

All you have to do is check that micro ATX checkbox when searching all your parts!

I liked this video a lot for a mini atx build video 

I thought about putting the Sugo in the build I put above for OP, but I liked the look of the H200.

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

I second the idea of itx build. Do it properly and choose a really small case. (I personally think those mid-tower "itx" cases are stupid and ridiculous)

If you decide to do itx, first make sure your current GPU can fit. If not sure then post a photo of it here.

12 hours ago, mach said:

I personally think those mid-tower "itx" cases are stupid and ridiculous.

Maybe so but it was exactly what I was looking for as other ITX cases are too wide and I needed something that wasn’t too tall either.

Cue the perfectly formed Fractal Nano S.

They are not everyone’s cup of tea but they certainly have their place.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Thanks guys! Ill see what I can do and maybe update ya. Its gonna take a bit because I need my next paycheck, but besides that I should be all set!

On 3/21/2019 at 8:42 PM, Happycowdance said:

anything wrong with just building it yourself?

Yeah!!please go with this

7 hours ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

Thanks guys! Ill see what I can do and maybe update ya. Its gonna take a bit because I need my next paycheck, but besides that I should be all set!

Building your own PC is definitely a worthwhile experience and you can put the components in that will best suit your needs.  If you have not done a mini-ITX build before don't try to build in the smallest case as you will get frustrated with the tight working space.  The Fractal Design Core 500 has has more room than the Silverstone case in the video a couple of posts above. I have done several builds in this case and it's highly flexible.  Price is relatively modest.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10