I'm new to pc's

Hey guys,

So I'm new to PC's and just built my first one yesterday. I chose a Ryzen 2700x, Asus B450-F Gaming MB, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB ram, with a Asus RTX 2070 08G graphics card. My build is pretty cool I think I haven't done any overclocking to it at all as I'm not real comfortable yet. But downloaded some bench mark software and was wondering what average scores are. I know some of them you can compare online and stuff but I haven't gotten that far yet and was looking to get some real answer's from real people not just looking at a list and comparing. Thanks for the help if I receive any. 
Also looking for good headphone/mic set ups. Doesn't have to be a gaming headset in particular as I'm not afraid to use a separate usb mic if i have to. Thanks guys 

1 minute ago, czach75tac said:

looking to get some real answer's from real people not just looking at a list and comparing.

You understand that what we're gonna do is find a list and relay what the list says.

those lists are a VERY good thing as it's a massive sample size to pull from vs a handful of users here who might share one component that is similar to your build

So those lists do compare my build to someone who uses the exact same component's? Either way though. Some numbers on here with whatever your build is would be nice to see so I can look at see about where I stand to a community that actually knows what their doing

Just look at benchmarks of the same GPU and CPU.
A 2700X and RTX 2070 will perform fine though. Don't worry so much about benchmarks and how it compares. Just go play games (or whatever it is you're doing with the system) and just enjoy your brand new PC.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Well I'm trying to get into content creation with it. But mostly games. Anyone know how to display the fps on screen? Is it in game settings or Nvidia Control Panel?

3 minutes ago, czach75tac said:

So those lists do compare my build to someone who uses the exact same component's?

Yeah ,especially on a site like passmark

Passmark essentially just spits out a number for each component , and you compare that number to the average. If you are at the average then the machine is performing similar to other machines using that component in most cases.

4 minutes ago, czach75tac said:

Well I'm trying to get into content creation with it. But mostly games. Anyone know how to display the fps on screen? Is it in game settings or Nvidia Control Panel?

Nvidia GeForce Experience does have a built in FPS counter, but personally I'd rather use the one built in to the Steam overlay or MSI Afterburner. You can also use FRAPS for a FPS counter.
Some games also have built in FPS counters themselves.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, CUDAcores89 said:

passmark is great for CPUs, but terrible for GPUs. I seem to recall passmark at one point placed a GTX 970 as better than an r9 fury.

I dont recall saying to use it to compare totally different products to each other

1 minute ago, CUDAcores89 said:

These GPU comparison sites are intended to compare different products by running various benchmarking tests on each and seeing which one does it better/faster than the other. 

The R9 fury and GTX 970 are not entirely different products in that they are both pixel pushers for gaming, thus I have a desire to find the best performance/dollar for myself.

neato ,not sure what that has to do with what i said