Is it okay to delete and repost for help?

Revanchist
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

The current ruleset has been shrunk down as compared to the old rules. In the past it said you could bump your post every 24 hours (that means, you can post in your own thread with some more info or not to 'bump' it up in the sub forum) and it said reposting was not allowed.

The part of the community standards you're quoting has to do with backseat moderating.

'Normal users', like you, I and the majority of the users can't just go around acting like moderators, that is the moderators jobs. So instead saying "you did X wrong" or "what you did is against rule Y", you're suppose to just report a user's post and let the staff here deal with it.

But anyways, my personal opinion on reposting is that you shouldn't do it, but if you have a ton more relevant info you should be allowed to. A blind copypasta repost should not be allowed, but a 'bump' with the extra info is usually the most elegant solution.

Of course I say this from a regular user standpoint; I cannot speak on behalf of the rules.

I have a troubleshooting post up that is still unresolved and likely buried beneath many others, however, I found out some more relevant info about my problem and I'd appreciate the support of you folks but I fear that the post is too old to gather any attention if only edited. So before I pull a douchebag repost move I'd like to have your opinion on the matter.

I read the guidelines but I didn't really get the meaning of:

status update material" etc; leave it for the mod team to handle.

Hopefully I won't be breaking any rules by making this post... that would be awkward.

You can bump it to the top of the sub by posting a comment on the post

Though you posted on Monday you'll be fine, I can't imagine any reason a mod would delete it

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

The current ruleset has been shrunk down as compared to the old rules. In the past it said you could bump your post every 24 hours (that means, you can post in your own thread with some more info or not to 'bump' it up in the sub forum) and it said reposting was not allowed.

The part of the community standards you're quoting has to do with backseat moderating.

'Normal users', like you, I and the majority of the users can't just go around acting like moderators, that is the moderators jobs. So instead saying "you did X wrong" or "what you did is against rule Y", you're suppose to just report a user's post and let the staff here deal with it.

But anyways, my personal opinion on reposting is that you shouldn't do it, but if you have a ton more relevant info you should be allowed to. A blind copypasta repost should not be allowed, but a 'bump' with the extra info is usually the most elegant solution.

Of course I say this from a regular user standpoint; I cannot speak on behalf of the rules.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You can bump it to the top of the sub by posting a comment on the post

Though you posted on Monday you'll be fine, I can't imagine any reason a mod would delete it

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Thank you, I didn't know commenting on the post would bump it up again! Blessed be yee.