Just got fiber help

adnartion

Hi, i just got fiber installed and i quickly realized that the standard router didnt have the range. 

so i changed it for a archer c7 ac1750 v2 anything spesial i should to in the router to optimize it?

and i need some help getting optimal speed for my computer. you see the modem and router is installed on the other side of the house and i only get about 100 Mbps down and 135 Mbps up out if it when it should be 300/300. i get the speed if i plug in a cable, but i cant use a cable since i have multiple doors and a kitchen and living room in between me and the router. so anything i can do to help me get better speed? the wireless connection icon in windows have all bars filled so you would think the connection was good.

26 minutes ago, adnartion said:

Hi, i just got fiber installed and i quickly realized that the standard router didnt have the range. 

so i changed it for a archer c7 ac1750 v2 anything spesial i should to in the router to optimize it?

and i need some help getting optimal speed for my computer. you see the modem and router is installed on the other side of the house and i only get about 100 Mbps down and 135 Mbps up out if it when it should be 300/300. i get the speed if i plug in a cable, but i cant use a cable since i have multiple doors and a kitchen and living room in between me and the router. so anything i can do to help me get better speed? the wireless connection icon in windows have all bars filled so you would think the connection was good.

theres not alot you can do but there are some tweaks,try here for starters

https://www.speedguide.net/

contact your isp. they might know how to configure the router better for fibre. 

just look around your router settings, see if anything makes sense to you. 

check if your router supports ddwrt. 

Thats all wireless. There is no tweaking you can do to improve your speeds. Run a cable or test your luck with Ethernet over power adapters. 

With wireless you will never get 300/300 on a 300/300 connection, 250 absolute best case scenario. 

16 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Thats all wireless. There is no tweaking you can do to improve your speeds. Run a cable or test your luck with Ethernet over power adapters. 

With wireless you will never get 300/300 on a 300/300 connection, 250 absolute best case scenario. 

i tried my luck with Ethernet over power today on no luck it seems. does not work at all since the power in this room is on a different circuit than the room the router is placed in :/