Best headphones for Wireless Noise cancelling Gaming/Travelling?

Blinci

In the market for good wireless noise cancelling headphones. Been wanting to replace the old Beats 3 that I got ages ago when I didn't really know better: falling apart with only 1 side sound working etc

I plan to purchase these within the next few days. Already went to BestBuy to try on a few (will likely buy from amazon.ca though) 

I know there's already a lot of information regarding these two choices but I'm trying to find out if anything has changed since the last time these two have been reviewed. Compared the Sony wh-1000xm3 vs Bose qc35 II. Learning more towards the Bose for the slightly lighter & comfort + less Bluetooth problems and its reliability in other things like the cold (I live in Canada but it is Vancouver so it doesn't go to 0c often. Heard bose is better all around sound but Sony's have better quality sound, I usually listen to indie, rock, "video game music" etc. I don't hear either of them mentioned for gamers often though as I'm not interested in a headset as I already have a dedicated mic.

However, as I'm only on planes occasionally and use headphones much more frequently with my computer I'm wondering if there really any better wireless noise cancelling headphones for gaming. Like I understand if its only middle of the line and is pale compared to wired pc music editing headphones, but it should at least be pretty good for a casual goer that might edit video audio occasionally in the future with these. Not the focus, but should keep in mind.

Just would be smart to know some more information when like the next gen could come out (I'm in the market now so this doesn't really affect my choice), if these are still good and will likely be solid headphones 2, 3, 4 years down the line. Main use is gaming/work on a PC & travel on airplanes, road trips and occasionally with a laptop on vacation gaming/work. Also if they're worth the steep price of $450 Canadian https://www.amazon.ca/QuietComfort-Wireless-Headphones-Cancelling-Control/dp/B0756CYWWD/ref=sr_1_3?crid=EIC6JTMXJCKY&keywords=bose+qc35+ii&qid=1552965913&s=gateway&sprefix=bose+qc%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-3 & would work well with an iPhone as well as a PC with 

If I were to get the Bose QC II in a few days with an adaptor something like https://www.amazon.ca/Avantree-Bluetooth-Adapter-Computer-Keyboard/dp/B00VWEK4IG/ref=pd_bxgy_23_2/139-4093734-4990358?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00VWEK4IG&pd_rd_r=9e6bada3-49f6-11e9-8389-5995d9cc0e53&pd_rd_w=x3EQg&pd_rd_wg=sneyX&pf_rd_p=a62e2918-d998-4bbb-8337-35aac776e851&pf_rd_r=MJKSHC3657822Q9BV2N6&psc=1&refRID=MJKSHC3657822Q9BV2N6

Just looking for insight/suggestions before I possibly make an expensive purchase for me as I was initially planning on a monitor but then my headphones went haywire so the monitor will come next in line. Suggestions/insight is appreciated. 

I wear qc25's with a wireless adapter on the bus every day to uni and they're the most comfortable and lightest noise cancelling headphones I've bought. Would buy again if I wasnt poor

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

If you live somewhere cold, the QC35s are better than sonys offerings, as sony's touch stuff glitches out in the cold

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

Just now, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

If you live somewhere cold, the QC35s are better than sonys offerings, as sony's touch stuff glitches out in the cold

It's Canada. But it's Vancouver. So.... it isn't that Vancouver doesn't ever get cold but it's way less cold than the rest of Canada & even Seattle and other places in the U.S. I doubt I'll bring them out in cold temps much but I guess it ain't worth the risk considering the $450 price tag for me.

If you can turn off the touch controls, than those will be good

If not the QC35's

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

either are great choices but my vote is for the sony's as it sounds better. but qc 35's are my vote if you travel a lot specifically airplane rides cause those are comfy headphones so sleeping in them are pretty good. 

2 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

If you can turn off the touch controls, than those will be good

If not the QC35's

I'll likely try the QC35's first and try the sound but also make a trip to BestBuy again and compare to see if it's worth it. I already compared them today at a not local BestBuy (Out of town currently) but the Sony's they had there didn't give a sound testing option only noise cancelling. One more thing: any preference on if I should get Black or Triple Midnight? I don't think I'll mind either but they're the same price & if I were to try and sell em many years from now if colour is any important

11 minutes ago, rice guru said:

either are great choices but my vote is for the sony's as it sounds better. but qc 35's are my vote if you travel a lot specifically airplane rides cause those are comfy headphones so sleeping in them are pretty good. 

Just curious hows the comfort with the Sony's? I know it's still great but do you need to take them off or get irritated after like a certain amount of hours? 

1 minute ago, Blinci said:

Just curious hows the comfort with the Sony's? I know it's still great but do you need to take them off or get irritated after like a certain amount of hours? 

I've never really tried them for prolonged period sof time just got to try them from my buddy who had them and those were my general impression. the sony's were still very comfortable but the bose just had a more relaxed clamp I found and since I wear glasses that made a world of difference.