AMD is killin it with their free game bundles

Mister Woof

One of the biggest reasons I went with the Vega 64 was its low price and the promised 3 game bundles. At the time when I bought the GPU, none of the promised games (RE2, DMC5, Division 2) were released yet, and I was bouncing between this and the RTX 2060 which included a choice of EITHER Anthem or Battlefield 5.

Now, initially I knew I wanted to play RE2, as I knew it was gonna be good. But I wrote off DMC5 and the Division 2 as being "meh" and didn't calculate it into the value of the GPU. 

So I was choosing between $350 + free Anthem (a game I only valued at around $30) on the RTX 2060 vs $399 + free RE2 ($60 value) and at that time, I didn't think DMC5 or Division 2 had any dollar value to me. So even at that point, it was $320 vs $340, with the V64 potentially offering better performance in certain titles.

FAST FORWARD TO DMC5 AND DIVISION 2 LAUNCHES

Oh boy...was I WRONG. DMC5 is amazing. Division 2 is amazing. Easily worth $40 each. So another $80 value bringing the price of the Vega 64 to only $259. Vs. $320 for the RTX 2060.

Looking at the $130 deals for the RX 570, with two free games....Easily a $100 value...means these GPUs are only $30!

AMD, you are KILLING it with this bundle, with GAMES THAT ARE ACTUALLY GOOD.

Nvidia......yeah you can keep your RTX on BF5 that nobody plays.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

I just bought my wife an RX 570 to replace an aging GTX 760 and got DMC5 & Division 2 for myself from it. I agree that it is amazing. Spent 150$ on the card, getting about 120$ worth of games back.. win/win in my book. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Yeah, the prices are pretty good. At the current price a Vega64 is a great deal for anyone doing GPU rendering, too. If I needed a GPU right now that's probably what I'd buy.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Personally, back when I got my 580, I didn't really care for the games it came with. It had Strange Brigade, Far Cry 5 and another game I can't think of.

That's the thing.

Normally the "free game bundle" comes with games nobody actually wants.

I was really surprised by how good these games really are.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Yes. Everyone underestimates Vega 64. People should take another look. It's cheaper than rtx 2070 while maintaining the 8gb vram that the 2060 doesn't. People will regret buying Turing as time goes on. Remember that feature that no-one cared about...HBCC? Well, everyone will be loving it now if they picked AMD Vega over RTX. Just look at the division 2 at 4k, even just high settings. Black ops 4 as well, that thing eats up vram. Far Cry 5 is another one that uses over 8gb. It just shows that while Vega is a power hog and runs hot, it has a few features that nvidia doesn't have that more than make up for that.

Give ray tracing and Vaseline smearing another generation and go and buy Vega. 3 great games, more future-proofing and cheaper than it's competitor. It's a no brainer.

Same goes for the high end. 8gb 2080. NO THANKS. I went and bought Radeon VII instead. Vega is better than people give it credit for and those bets that AMD made are paying off a few years down the line. Thanks AMD.

42 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Oh boy...was I WRONG. DMC5 is amazing. Division 2 is amazing. Easily worth $40 each. So another $80 value bringing the price of the Vega 64 to only $259. Vs. $320 for the RTX 2060.

Looking at the $130 deals for the RX 570, with two free games....Easily a $100 value...means these GPUs are only $30!

These scenarios don't bring the price of the GPU down. Look at how much you spent and how much you still spent in your bank account after the statement cycle. Chances are, you still paid whatever it took to buy the card in the first place.

What's happening is you're getting something that's valued at $430 for $350.

12 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

These scenarios don't bring the price of the GPU down. Look at how much you spent and how much you still spent in your bank account after the statement cycle. Chances are, you still paid whatever it took to buy the card in the first place.

What's happening is you're getting something that's valued at $430 for $350.

They do if you were planning on buying the games anyway.

I was going to buy RE2, either way, at the very least.

Just now, Plutosaurus said:

They do if you were planning on buying the games anyway.

I was going to buy RE2, either way, at the very least.

If you bought the card and the games outside of the bundle, you are spending $350 + $40 + $40. If you bought the card with the games, you're spending just $350. If you claim the card's price is really say $270 because of the included games, this implies that your bank account in the end says you spent $270.

But did you really?

6 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

If you bought the card and the games outside of the bundle, you are spending $350 + $40 + $40. If you bought the card with the games, you're spending just $350. If you claim the card's price is really say $270 because of the included games, this implies that your bank account in the end says you spent $270.

But did you really?

That math only works if you didn't receive games.

$400 got me a Vega 64 and RE2; since I was gonna pay $60 for RE2 anyway, the GPU was only $340

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

You're still buying the card, though. You're just getting free shit with it. 

You know those infomercials that say "buy one and get one free"? You're still buying the product for regular price but you're getting something free with it. Granted, you usually pay for shipping in that scenario, but still; you're buying the product in the first place and getting something free out of it. You didn't buy the product minus the game's value, you bought the product at that price but got goodies with it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Okay, so if I buy one of these AMD cards at $350 that comes with two games on one of my credit cards I don't use and use it only for this card, assuming the game's retail value is $40 each, should I expect a statement balance of $270 when they send me the bill?

I was going to buy RE2 for $60 with or without GPU.

I spent $400 to get both. If RE2 is $60 of that, then $340 was the cost of the GPU.

This is why I didn't include the value of DMC5/Division 2 in the original debate - I wasn't going to buy them anyway. RE2, I was.

And is also why I was surprised at the overall value because those games turned out to actually be good.

How is this difficult to understand?

9 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

I was going to buy RE2 for $60 with or without GPU.

I spent $400 to get both. If RE2 is $60 of that, then $340 was the cost of the GPU.

How is this difficult to understand?

It isn't, because this assessment is correct.

Your original assessment however was

1 hour ago, Plutosaurus said:

You started with $350 on the Vega 64, subtracted $30 for one game, then subtracted another $80 for the two other games and claiming the price is $259.

If you meant to say value, I might bite that. But then that means if you want to sell your video card to say me, am I perfectly valid in asking you if you got games with them and adjusting the value of the card at the time of purchase minus the value of those games? Like say you started off at $175 because I like the 1/2 off used anything rule. But if you claim the value of the GPU is $260, I'm going to claim that's too expensive, you should drop the starting price to no more than $130.

Adding free stuff on top of what you're buying increases the overall value of the package. It doesn't decrease the value of any one product to meet the price point.

2 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

It isn't, because this assessment is correct.

Your original assessment however was

You started with $350 on the Vega 64, subtracted $30 for one game, then subtracted another $80 for the two other games and claiming the price is $259.

If you meant to say value, I might bite that. But then that means if you want to sell your video card to say me, am I perfectly valid in asking you if you got games with them and adjusting the value of the card at the time of purchase minus the value of those games? Like say you went $175 because I like the 1/2 off used anything rule. But if you claim the value of the GPU is $260, I'm going to claim that's too expensive, you should drop the starting price to no more than $130.

Adding free stuff on top of what you're buying increases the overall value of the package. It doesn't decrease the value of any one product to meet the price point.

Obviously, the statement revolves around your personal value placed on the games and if you were going to get them anyway, as evidenced by how I explained my rationale when choosing between GPUs, as I valued those other two games at $0 initially.

You're arguing semantics, man.

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

Obviously, the statement revolves around your personal value placed on the games and if you were going to get them anyway, as evidenced by how I explained my rationale when choosing between GPUs, as I valued those other two games at $0 initially.

You're arguing semantics, man.

If you were to buy the games separately, you'd have to buy them at whatever retailers are charging. So it's irrelevant what you think the value of the games are. If anything, considering Anthem's issues, they should be paying you to even have the game.

And yes, I'm being pedantic at the choice of the word "price."

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

If you were to buy the games separately, you'd have to buy them at whatever retailers are charging. So it's irrelevant what you think the value of the games are. If anything, considering Anthem's issues, they should be paying you to even have the game.

And yes, I'm being pedantic at the choice of the word "price."

Alright, you win, I guess. Seems you are just trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Bottom line, the AMD GPU bundle is a great bonus on already low prices, and if you were going to buy those games anyway, you are effectively getting a large discount.

I don't see why this needs to be dissected and each word scrutinized when the value sentiment is quite obvious.

Division 2 is the same as Division 1 but with "better" textures, kinda like what they promised D1 was going to be and never was.

just like assassin's creed is the same fucking game with different NPCs since 8 years ago lol that's ubi's way of doing things

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

2 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Division 2 is the same as Division 1 but with "better" textures, kinda like what they promised D1 was going to be and never was.

just like assassin's creed is the same fucking game with different NPCs since 8 years ago lol that's ubi's way of doing things

Maybe. But given I never played the original, I'm okay with it.

Part of why I originally had placed zero value on the game because I wasn't going to buy it on it's own.

The fact it was a good game, and one I'd likely pay for on sale, is an added bonus.

12 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

I don't see why this needs to be dissected and each word scrutinized when the value sentiment is quite obvious.

Because such things warp the perception of what the value is unfairly.

It's the same reason why if people argue PC vs console on what you can buy to build a PC, I stipulate everything must be new and you must match every piece of hardware the console has as best as possible. People conveniently leave out the optical drive on the PC build and use what they didn't spend on that into say a better video card. Bam! The PC is now better. Or they buy stuff off the used market where prices fluctuate greatly but compare it to the retail price of a console.

I respect your opinion; however I don't share it.

If you can't understand how getting brand new AAA games for free increases the incentive to buy, I can't help you.

To everyone else, if you were considering the AMD GPU graphics card bundle, the games they have included are actually good games.

3 minutes ago, duncannah said:

How long does the 3 games deal last?

Ends April 6th, codes must be redeemed by May 6th.

@Mira Yurizaki @Plutosaurus Here - have an article:

I will now bundle two others with it, for free :P 

Feeling the savings yet?

/s

Edited by TopHatProductions115
For clarification of humour/sarcasm

13 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Yes, absolutely.

I was in the market for a gpu and I was gonna buy RE2 anyway.

$340 for. V64 is good.