Looking for LED Light Strip

Omikse

So to start with this is not a case mod, But it is a modding of my home. I want to put up some lights around my home and I want to do LED RGB but I want a strip that does different colors at one time. Say for instance I want the light to light up green and red for Christmas or red white and blue on the 4 of July and so forth. I have been looking and watching reviews on YouTube but all the videos do solid colors. Can some one point me in the direction of what I am looking for. Thanks in advance.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

An addressable rgb strip can do this, you can control every individual led with this. 

10 hours ago, GekkePietert said:

An addressable rgb strip can do this, you can control every individual led with this. 

OK so that answers that question. Another one I have is when it comes to multiple strips attached to each other, does voltage play a part? Because it looks like I will need to attach up to 5 strips in order to do the room I want to do if I get the 16.4ft strips. I am also looking at 32.4ft strip as well to cut down the amount of strips I have to buy. I also know I should take into consideration how compact the lights are together 

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

21 hours ago, Omikse said:

OK so that answers that question. Another one I have is when it comes to multiple strips attached to each other, does voltage play a part? Because it looks like I will need to attach up to 5 strips in order to do the room I want to do if I get the 16.4ft strips. I am also looking at 32.4ft strip as well to cut down the amount of strips I have to buy. I also know I should take into consideration how compact the lights are together 

If you are doing extremely long LED runs voltage drop can occur across the length so you may see the tail end of the lights be slightly dimmer. It’s recommended to do multiple short chains or to use repeats that all you to inject power. However chaining lights together will increase the load, or the amperage required to drive all of them.

9 hours ago, W-L said:

If you are doing extremely long LED runs voltage drop can occur across the length so you may see the tail end of the lights be slightly dimmer. It’s recommended to do multiple short chains or to use repeats that all you to inject power. However chaining lights together will increase the load, or the amperage required to drive all of them.

What do you mean by repeats. I have looked into this more and I see people saying I would need a power supply or an amplifier. 

3 minutes ago, Omikse said:

What do you mean by repeats. I have looked into this more and I see people saying I would need a power supply or an amplifier. 

Sorry repeaters or amplifier, essentially it will let you inject power midway along the length of the strip to ensure both the signal and power is consistent along it's whole run.