What does Msi Game Boost do?

I have a Msi b450 tomahawk paired with r5 2600, and in the bios it has a toggle for game boost. When I turn on the toggle it shows Cpu speed at 3.85 ghz (using the stock cooler) in the bios and also in the task manager. Is it applying an all core overclock? 

3 minutes ago, souvik200 said:

I have a Msi b450 tomahawk paired with r5 2600, and in the bios it has a toggle for game boost. When I turn on the toggle it shows Cpu speed at 3.85 ghz (using the stock cooler) in the bios and also in the task manager. Is it applying an all core overclock? 

Wouldn't suggest automatic overclocking, just use Ryzen Master and shoot for 4ghz at 1.375V

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

It boosts your CPU core by a little. On my motherboard I believe it does 500MHz. 

I'd just go with manual Overclocking though. 

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

It is boosting a bit the frequency on one core.

Something like an extra turbo boost 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

15 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Wouldn't suggest automatic overclocking, just use Ryzen Master and shoot for 4ghz at 1.375V

tad too high voltage for 4ghz. he can do 1,35 volts at least. that sort of voltage can get people to 4,1-4,2 on the right boards. runnin that high voltage on that clockspeed isnt great.

but in the end its on a chip to chip basis

I don't want to overclock the cpu since I have the stock cooler, just wanted to know if game boost was OK with the stock cooler? 

24 minutes ago, souvik200 said:

I don't want to overclock the cpu since I have the stock cooler, just wanted to know if game boost was OK with the stock cooler? 

Unless your CPU overheats, yeah. AMD's stock coolers are actually quite decent