Computer will not boot to BIOS or boot menu after formatting hard drive

Dudefoxlive

Hi, I am helping a person with their Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR laptop as they formatted the Hard Drive and installed Windows 7 on it and now Windows won't boot at all. He is attempting to enter the boot menu or BIOS to boot to a Windows 10 USB but there's a problem. When he hits the Novo button it loads the menu but when he select Boot to BIOS or Boot to Boot Menu it just goes straight into Windows.  What can we do to boot into the BIOS or boot menu to reinstall Windows 10?

Try removing the HDD and going into the BIOS from there, look for an option like 'quick boot' and disable it, this may be what prevents you from getting into the BIOS on boot

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

4 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

Try removing the HDD and going into the BIOS from there, look for an option like 'quick boot' and disable it, this may be what prevents you from getting into the BIOS on boot

This is going to be difficult as Lenovo has no service Manuel available for the public or if they do i don't know where they are. Either way i will have my friend give this a try and see what happens.

Well, the Boot Menu probably refers to the boot menu that's on the disk. So if you select that, Windows will automatically boot because there is only 1 OS installed, it will skip the menu and boot directly.

Make sure your boot order is 1: USB and 2: HDD at the least to make sure it boots from USB. You can do that in the BIOS which you  can enter with the special button.

No signature found

10 minutes ago, RobbinM said:

Well, the Boot Menu probably refers to the boot menu that's on the disk. So if you select that, Windows will automatically boot because there is only 1 OS installed, it will skip the menu and boot directly.

Make sure your boot order is 1: USB and 2: HDD at the least to make sure it boots from USB. You can do that in the BIOS which you  can enter with the special button.

Thats the problem. We press the NOVO button and it loads the menu. We select Enter BIOS and it loads Windows. we have tried inserting the USB and powering on with the NOVO button to no avail. It seems like as of right now the system is bricked.

I have a Lenovo laptop too and I had to reprogram the BIOS EEPROM at some point because it wouldnt boot.

Search for BIOS problems for your model and you will probably see some other victims. I hope you have a warrantee.

No signature found

1 hour ago, RobbinM said:

I have a Lenovo laptop too and I had to reprogram the BIOS EEPROM at some point because it wouldnt boot.

Search for BIOS problems for your model and you will probably see some other victims. I hope you have a warrantee.

I believe the person said that it was only 4 months old. So yes it does have a warranty. Would it be easier for the person to just send it into Lenovo and have them do something?