Need help, pc won’t start

I’m having a problem where my pc starts then I turn it off and it doesn’t turn back on it’s very strange, any help would be great.

pc specs:

500w psu

gtx 750ti

8gb ddr3 memory

ga 85m mobo

i3 (not sure what) 4th I think

thanks 

What exactly do you mean by 'it doesn't turn back on'? Does it fail to POST?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Just now, myselfolli said:

What exactly do you mean by 'it doesn't turn back on'? Does it fail to POST?

So I've plugged everything in and it booted properly the first time but I needed to restart it to go into the bios so I turned it off and when I press the power button literally nothing happened, no fans spinning literally nothing. It's like the power cord isn't even connected.

Check your cables again, especially the power cords and the cables from your power button to the motherboard, maybe confirm you plugged them in correctly by consulting the manual.

So is the rest probably

2 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

Check your cables again, especially the power cords and the cables from your power button to the motherboard, maybe confirm you plugged them in correctly by consulting the manual.

Yup checked everything multiple times and it's all connected properly

Can you confirm the PSU is working?

(And turned on - I don't know how often I've freaked out after an upgrade, just because I turned the PSU off and forgot)

So is the rest probably

4 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

This pc was my brothers friends and he said that it would be fine then if he turned it off it wouldn't turn on for a few days

1 minute ago, myselfolli said:

Can you confirm the PSU is working?

(And turned on - I don't know how often I've freaked out after an upgrade, just because I turned the PSU off and forgot)

Yeah the PSU is actually new, my brothers friend bought a new one for it to try and solve the problem but it obviously hasn't worked, could it be possible that it is dried up thermal paste because the pc is quite old.

1 minute ago, modestep15 said:

This pc was my brothers friends and he said that it would be fine then if he turned it off it wouldn't turn on for a few days

So it's a known issue with the PC? Okay then...

Try unplugging the the front pannel button and turning on the PC by shorting the corresponding pins?

So is the rest probably

1 minute ago, modestep15 said:

Yeah the PSU is actually new, my brothers friend bought a new one for it to try and solve the problem but it obviously hasn't worked, could it be possible that it is dried up thermal paste because the pc is quite old.

I don't think it's dried up thermal paste, even if the PC turned off due to high thermals, it would have to turn on and run for a few seconds before reaching those temps. And seeing that the fans don't ramp up either, that's highly unlikely

So is the rest probably

8 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

I don't think it's dried up thermal paste, even if the PC turned off due to high thermals, it would have to turn on and run for a few seconds before reaching those temps. And seeing that the fans don't ramp up either, that's highly unlikely

Just tried and it is still not turning on

53 minutes ago, modestep15 said:

Just tried and it is still not turning on

Sorry, I was out for lunch.

What PSU is in the system? Do you get any response from your PC when you try to turn it on? Lights/Fans/anything?

So is the rest probably

7 hours ago, myselfolli said:

Sorry, I was out for lunch.

What PSU is in the system? Do you get any response from your PC when you try to turn it on? Lights/Fans/anything?

It’s a antec 500w and I get zero response, nothing at all