Is it possible to get motherboard schematics?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the schematics of a motherboard I want to repair? I think I have found the problem (corroded connection) but I need the schematics so I can tell where the corroded connection goes and what voltage is supposed to be going through it. The motherboard is an Asus M5A78L-M PLUS. 

2 minutes ago, BRoughley488 said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the schematics of a motherboard I want to repair?

There are some sites where you can buy the schematics, but whether they have the schematics you want is anyone's guess. Also, whether you're willing to pay what they are asking for the schematics is up to you.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

You could try contacting Asus to see if they have them available though I doubt they will, it's probably a case of reverse engineering it yourself. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

23 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

There are some sites where you can buy the schematics, but whether they have the schematics you want is anyone's guess. Also, whether you're willing to pay what they are asking for the schematics is up to you.

21 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

You could try contacting Asus to see if they have them available though I doubt they will, it's probably a case of reverse engineering it yourself. 

I might just redo all the damaged connections and then if that doesn't work then i'll try and buy the schematics which is gonna be an absolute pain

4 minutes ago, BRoughley488 said:

I might just redo all the damaged connections and then if that doesn't work then i'll try and buy the schematics which is gonna be an absolute pain

Any particular reason you still need an AM3+ board?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Any particular reason you still need an AM3+ board?

It is a broken motherboard my mate gave me cos I have next to no money so i'm gonna try and fix it. 

11 minutes ago, BRoughley488 said:

It is a broken motherboard my mate gave me cos I have next to no money so i'm gonna try and fix it. 

And you have equipment to fix it? You could just try to contact ASUS mostly.

But you can also probably find working used AM3+ boards on the cheap.

There's also those like electronics recycling places that have really cheap stuff depending on your area.

Or you can try one of those survey sites like Swagbucks or something to get amazon gift cards.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

And you have equipment to fix it? You could just try to contact ASUS mostly.

But you can also probably find working used AM3+ boards on the cheap.

There's also those like electronics recycling places that have really cheap stuff depending on your area.

Or you can try one of those survey sites like Swagbucks or something to get amazon gift cards.

I'll probably try that if i cant fix it but theres no places like that near me. I do have the equipment for it I could proabbly do it ive fixed things like this before.

21 minutes ago, BRoughley488 said:

I'll probably try that if i cant fix it but theres no places like that near me. I do have the equipment for it I could proabbly do it ive fixed things like this before.

I'm always up for the idea of fixing broken stuff and it's not like you lose anything other than some time and a wee bit of solder giving it a go. That is to say, I approve of the plan. ?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

I'm always up for the idea of fixing broken stuff and it's not like you lose anything other than some time and a wee bit of solder giving it a go. That is to say, I approve of the plan. ?

haha hopefully i can i've not soldered in  a while haha