Does HDMI support 144Hz for the newer version of monitors?

Greetings all. Asking on behalf of my uncle. Now the thing is he wants to buy a 34-inch monitor. We have selected one as per the reviews given by all my learned friends in here and I learned a bit in the process too. The monitor we selected is LG 34UC79G, the question is does my uncle's motherboard support the monitor? He uses a10 7850k APU and moreover he uses MSI a88xm gaming motherboard. I want to know if the HDMI support 144 Hz of resolution if not what version of HDMI do we need to use that would support the 144Hz monitor?  Moreover what version of display port do we use for the monitor? It would be very convenient for me too if someone posted a picture of the display port and the updated version of HDMI if at all the HDMI is supported that can be used with this version of the monitor. Any article or videos on youtube regarding this article is always welcome. These reviews to my questions I ask here means a lot to me. I learn in this process too and I also help others gain a bit of knowledge in the hardware they are using. Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

3 minutes ago, Suvo31 said:

Greetings all. Asking on behalf of my uncle. Now the thing is he wants to buy a 34-inch monitor. We have selected one as per the reviews given by all my learned friends in here and I learned a bit in the process too. The monitor we selected is LG 34UC79G, the question is does my uncle's motherboard support the monitor? He uses a10 7850k APU and moreover he uses MSI a88xm gaming motherboard. I want to know if the HDMI support 144 Hz of resolution if not what version of HDMI do we need to use that would support the 144Hz monitor?  Moreover what version of display port do we use for the monitor? It would be very convenient for me too if someone posted a picture of the display port and the updated version of HDMI if at all the HDMI is supported that can be used with this version of the monitor. Any article or videos on youtube regarding this article is always welcome. These reviews to my questions I ask here means a lot to me. I learn in this process too and I also help others gain a bit of knowledge in the hardware they are using. Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

I'm pretty sure I read that the newest HDMI cables allow for a higher Hz output. google will say for certain.

Found this

Nowadays, most of the monitors, TVs, and graphics cards feature at least an HDMI 1.4 port which is enough for 144Hz at 1080p, 75Hz at 1440p, and 30Hz at 4K.

However, keep in mind that some monitors have limited bandwidth over HDMI 1.4 making it max out at 120Hz or even at 60Hz in some cases (mostly G-SYNC monitors).

In fact, most 144Hz monitors are limited to 120Hz over HDMI 1.4, but some monitor manufacturers will use custom timing parameters, pixel rates, etc to use the full potential of the HDMI 1.4 bandwidth thus getting 144Hz at 1080p

So, make sure that the exact monitor you’re looking at supports 144Hz or at least 120Hz over its HDMI 1.4 port – or just look for a 144Hz display with an HDMI 2.0.

The next version, which is the HDMI 2.0, is also fairly standard and can be used for 240Hz at 1080p, 144Hz at 1440p, and 60Hz at 4K. The latest HDMI 2.1 adds native support for 120Hz at 4K UHD and 60Hz at 8K.

Will the HDMI cable that comes inside the monitors support the motherboard I mentioned. The motherboard is MSI a88xm gaming. Thanks for answering to me. Have a nice day.

Just now, Suvo31 said:

Will the HDMI cable that comes inside the monitors support the motherboard I mentioned. The motherboard is MSI a88xm gaming. Thanks for answering to me. Have a nice day.

I'm sorry but I can't answer that, I would suggest seeing if they list it on their site or some spec list?

if it is 2.5k then maybe I think we have to find HDMI to DVI-D cable right? I don't know so asking and looking for answers. It also is of great help to me if you can advise me the best HDMI to DVI-D shielded cable for enjoying the full 21:9 aspect ratio of the new monitor.

My 1440 monitors supports it. It’s a little old now though. Think my 1080p one might but I run it in 240. Think it stops half way on hdmi. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz