Video request: quit amazon

thekingno001

I like the concept, but a day is just not long enough. 

I think you could expand on it. Make it a month. Take two employees, simple rules:

1 employee no Amazon at all. Or maybe no online shopping at all.

1 employee only Amazon. (Including Whole Foods, if they have that in Canada)

What's the better life, no Amazon or only Amazon.

46 minutes ago, Chett_Manly said:

I like the concept, but a day is just not long enough. 

I think you could expand on it. Make it a month. Take two employees, simple rules:

1 employee no Amazon at all. Or maybe no online shopping at all.

1 employee only Amazon. (Including Whole Foods, if they have that in Canada)

What's the better life, no Amazon or only Amazon.

Simple. For me (except for e-books), no Amazon. My stress levels dropped when I dropped them. I don't miss them at all.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

7 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Who's talking about "super personalized" service? All I want is to receive an order with the correct products for a reasonable price in a reasonable amount of time that has been properly packaged, handled properly, and properly delivered, something Amazon has had a serious problems doing. I don't give the north end of a southbound, furry, little rodent that Amazon immediately replaces wrong or damaged quickly; I expect everything to be done correctly the first time, something Amazon had been failing at miserably when I quit ordering anything other than e-books from them.

You seem to be having issues that I never have. The only issues I have had from Amazon were for things like anime or media products that need to be handled with care. These are the kinds of things that are best bought form a speciality site like rightstuf.com. Anime and the like would get bumps and dents because the machines don't realize how delicate these collector editions are. 

Other than that, I've never received a broken item. I don't think I've received any incorrect items either. I order all the time from Amazon, both cheap and expensive. Other than the anime, I've never had a problem.

I assumed you wanted some specialized service or special treatment because Amazon almost always handles the basics just fine. You must be incredibly unlucky.

When I comparison shop, I compare bottom lines, which includes any taxes, shipping charges, etc. Much, if not most, of the time, I could still beat Amazon's prices significantly (I haven't checked recently since I'm not likely to ever use Amazon). I also don't mind paying a little more to have an order filled swiftly and packaged properly.

It really doesn't get much more swift than two day delivery.

I don't really bother comparison shopping most of the time because I would rather go click and have the item show up. No fuss. I really don't care if I lose a few bucks. I mean, if a video game or something costs me $3 extra dollars, it isn't a big deal. I'd rather take the convenience. 

Plus, when I actually do compare prices, Amazon is usually cheaper for me. Maybe it's just what I'm looking for and I'm lucky.

Most vendors I use have real people for customer service agents, most of whom are in the SSA and understand English. Amazon uses bots unless you call them; then there is no telling where they are located.

Who needs real people when you can just click a few boxes and have the problem fixed? Most other sites, I would have to wait days for a replacement and maybe even send the old item in first. Really though, I've only had to return things when the item just failed, like my XBox One X. I've only ever had anime arrive damaged.

One time I actually did need to contact a person over an issue with a charge not refunding. I just used their online chat. It wasn't a bot. It was real person. I didn't need to call someone in India or anything like that.

20 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

How about Linus moving to another country, lets say some Nordic country for example, and then doing video about their digital life? 

I agree. He can host the show from my office and just give me all the machines he builds as compensation, I am just that generous. 

14 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

You seem to be having issues that I never have. The only issues I have had from Amazon were for things like anime or media products that need to be handled with care. These are the kinds of things that are best bought form a speciality site like rightstuf.com. Anime and the like would get bumps and dents because the machines don't realize how delicate these collector editions are. 

Other than that, I've never received a broken item. I don't think I've received any incorrect items either. I order all the time from Amazon, both cheap and expensive. Other than the anime, I've never had a problem.

I assumed you wanted some specialized service or special treatment because Amazon almost always handles the basics just fine. You must be incredibly unlucky.

It really doesn't get much more swift than two day delivery.

I don't really bother comparison shopping most of the time because I would rather go click and have the item show up. No fuss. I really don't care if I lose a few bucks. I mean, if a video game or something costs me $3 extra dollars, it isn't a big deal. I'd rather take the convenience. 

Plus, when I actually do compare prices, Amazon is usually cheaper for me. Maybe it's just what I'm looking for and I'm lucky.

Who needs real people when you can just click a few boxes and have the problem fixed? Most other sites, I would have to wait days for a replacement and maybe even send the old item in first. Really though, I've only had to return things when the item just failed, like my XBox One X. I've only ever had anime arrive damaged.

One time I actually did need to contact a person over an issue with a charge not refunding. I just used their online chat. It wasn't a bot. It was real person. I didn't need to call someone in India or anything like that.

I've received numerous broken items, usually because Amazon does such a half assed job of packaging them. Amazon is too cheap to use enough dunnage (packing materials), when they even use any, and allow their packers enough time to properly protect items to be shipped. Otherwise, why would they ship clamshell packed lightbulbs thrwn loosely in a box with only a token bit of dunnage that did nothing to keep the bulbs knocking about loosely. It was a miracle any bulbs arrived intact. This happened three times in a row--the original shipment and two replacement shipments--before, by some miracle, I finally got lucky and got all my bulbs (which was amazing considering the last replacement shipment was also poorly packed. Btw, some of the replacements were because they were Daylight instead of the Warm White I ordered. Amazon had both styles mixed together.

I've had shipped packages returned to Amazon mid-route because of damage during shipment. Amazon's carrier usually ran a day late making the final delivery. Packages handled by their carrier frequently showed far more signs of rough handling than packages handled by other carriers

The last incorrect item I received from them was some fans that were black frames with white blades (the psart number and the illustrion in the listing were correct). I received all black fans, both the first time and their replacements which also got returned. I got a refund for the second return instead of a replacement because it was obvious Amazon wasn't going to fix the problem soon (they finally froze the listing temporarily to fix the problem a few weeks later) and Newegg put theirs on sale. The Newegg fans arrived quickly in two days and were the correct ones. The only reason I bothered with trying to get unbroken replacements was the bulbs were a discontinued style Phillips LED (they look like Phillips Hues except they are monochomatic and not "smart") that disappeared locally, were rapidly disappearing online, and they were the best option for use in some of my open ceiling lamps and wall sconces (all other bulbs I tried put out a harsher light and physically looked like crap) so I wanted to stock up on them (at my age, I now have enough to last me the rest of my life).

Prefer quality service over speed of service. Two day shipping is useless if the material wrong, broken, or Amazon takes several days to pull and ship the order.

It would be nice if one could always just click a few boxes to fix a problem (it would be even better if Amazon got it right the first time!) but that is not always the case. Emails and chat boxes are useless since those use badly programmed bots. Their live operators used to be excellent but Amazon farmed out most or all of them to overseas call centers. The most frequent accents I heard when calling them were Hispanic from, apparently, countries south of the border because of their poor command of English.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

havent used amazon in over 6 months.

what would be the point of the video..?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.