Display Port Not Working

Kiw1GG

Hi I just bought a new rtx 2060 the display port is not giving any output, but the hdmi is working would there be anyway of fixing this, I made sure it wasnt a graphics card problem by testing it in another pc, could this be a mobo problem

No it's not the motherboard. It might be a bad displayport cable, or bad ports on the card or monitor (or both the monitor and card, but hopefully not).

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

No it's not the motherboard. It might be a bad displayport cable, or bad ports on the card or monitor (or both the monitor and card, but hopefully not).

it cant be the card because it worked fine on my other pc with display port and i have tried multiple  monitors and cable

1 hour ago, Kiw1GG said:

it cant be the card because it worked fine on my other pc with display port and i have tried multiple  monitors and cable

Its a long shot, but try swapping PSU's.  HDMI can be more electrically noise resistant than DP.  Another problem could be bad grounding in the wall socket if your other PC is in a different location.

19 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Its a long shot, but try swapping PSU's.  HDMI can be more electrically noise resistant than DP.  Another problem could be bad grounding in the wall socket if your other PC is in a different location.

actually I just changed psus yesterday from a 400 watt which would not work at all with rtx 2060 and i5 9600k to a 850watt even if I did change my power supply and it worked is there a way to fix it so my 850watt will work

22 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

but it did work with the 400watt psu

2 minutes ago, Kiw1GG said:

actually I just changed psus yesterday from a 400 watt which would not work at all with rtx 2060 and i5 9600k to a 850watt even if I did change my power supply and it worked is there a way to fix it so my 850watt will work

If its caused by electrical noise, no.

3 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

If its caused by electrical noise, no.

would getting a lower watt psu like a 750 or a 700 fix it

Just now, Kiw1GG said:

would getting a lower watt psu like a 750 or a 700 fix it

A better quality PSU is likely the fix.

What model is the 850w?

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

What model is the 850w?

EVGA 850watt Gold G2

Depends on what power supply it is, a 450watt good psu is gonna be better than a 850w generic thrash psu that will blow up if you load it anywhere near it's rated max capacity.

Just now, AugOwnz said:

Depends on what power supply it is, a 450watt good psu is gonna be better than a 850w generic thrash psu that will blow up if you load it anywhere near it's rated max capacity.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

What model is the 850w?

its 80+ gold evga

Then it should be fine, check the cable and try wiggling it around. If it still doesn't work then I think it might be the monitor itself.

Just now, AugOwnz said:

Then it should be fine, check the cable and try wiggling it around. If it still doesn't work then I think it might be the monitor itself.

which cable there are alot next to the gpu including the water pipes from my aio

I meant the displayport cable, if the gpu works with hdmi chances are that the pcie power cables it's using are fine (maybe doublecheck that the cables and the graphics card are fully seated in even tho that shouldn't be it).

1 minute ago, AugOwnz said:

I meant the displayport cable, if the gpu works with hdmi chances are that the pcie power cables it's using are fine (maybe doublecheck that the cables and the graphics card are fully seated in even tho that shouldn't be it).

its fully seated would getting a higher quality cable work aswell?

Unless you are running very long display cables quality doesn't make a difference (digital signal). Trying another cable would be good in case the one you have is completely dead.

Just now, AugOwnz said:

Unless you are running very long display cables quality doesn't make a difference (digital signal). Trying another cable would be good in case the one you have is completely dead.

tried multiple cables as long as my graphics card isnt broken so i can re sell  later on when I upgrade its ok if I need 2 monitors ill use dvi

1 minute ago, AugOwnz said:

16 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

What model is the 850w?

thanks so much for the help