I am stupid.

got to eern it

I removed the battery from my Rf wireless  rgb controller,and I put it back in backwards. It locked into place, and I don’t know how to get it out. The controller is pretty common, so I thought maybe someone knew what to do.

921B0DDD-446E-4559-A66C-BE07615E98D6.jpeg

1D5F10CD-584B-44A8-B27B-6ECA9255185E.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Pliers.

I’m afraid that the plastic will break, as it already did on part. I will give it a shot though. Thanks for the help.

Some dynamite will sort that out

It's probably stuck due to friction between the plastic tray and the remote itself. 

1045313128_StuckBattery.jpg.12b6752a33960674854fb5187c7a2463.jpg

Can I get a better picture of the area I'm pointing out?  Different angles may help, preferably one where I can clearly see the backside and how the tray integrates with that. 

You may be able to put a flathead screwdriver in there and use it as a lever.  That way you'd be able to put more force on the tray than you can do with your fingers. 

See that little square on the left? It has to be pulled towards the large piece, then it should open easily by pulling it out. I have a couple of these remotes and that's how you do it.

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

@Opencircuit74 Considering that OP managed to get the battery out in the first place, I suspect that he knows this. Those squares are usually on the right-hand side, so it looks to me like the entire battery tray is in upside down.

2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

@Opencircuit74 Considering that OP managed to get the battery out in the first place, I suspect that he knows this. Those squares are usually on the right-hand side, so it looks to me like the entire battery tray is in upside down.

Exactly, I should have been more clear. The tray is upside down, rendering the lever useless

16 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Some dynamite will sort that out

It's probably stuck due to friction between the plastic tray and the remote itself. 

1045313128_StuckBattery.jpg.12b6752a33960674854fb5187c7a2463.jpg

Can I get a better picture of the area I'm pointing out?  Different angles may help, preferably one where I can clearly see the backside and how the tray integrates with that. 

You may be able to put a flathead screwdriver in there and use it as a lever.  That way you'd be able to put more force on the tray than you can do with your fingers. 

@Captain Chaos, I am on mobile, so I’m sorry about the quality. Here is a slightly better picture.

5AFF4376-3D53-40A6-86F6-1354D732529D.jpeg

4 minutes ago, got to eern it said:

Exactly, I should have been more clear. The tray is upside down, rendering the lever useless

you could always peal the membrane off, pop out the pcb and then push the tray out from the other way. This would probably break it though, it broke mine. That's right, I did the exact same thing.

12 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

We already knew you were before this post /s

Lol as you can tell, help from this forum has doubled my in from 12 to 24.

Use a knife. Utility knife blades work wonders.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

hmm ... looks like that edge broke off.  Is that the result of attempting to get it out?  If so, putting a screwdriver in the remaining part probably is going to do the exact same thing. 

Then again if that happens, you'll have the center piece to grab onto with needle-nose pliers. 

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

hmm ... looks like that edge broke off.  Is that the result of attempting to get it out?  If so, putting a screwdriver in the remaining part probably is going to do the exact same thing. 

Then again if that happens, you'll have the center piece to grab onto with needle-nose pliers. 

@Captain Chaos,The broken part was part of a previous attempt a few days ago with pliers. I managed to get the battery out! I used a case opening tool with a flat end. Thanks so much for all the help you gave me.

Two Words, BRUTE FORCE. Get a knife or other slim instrument, stick it in, pry it out.

Happy to help. 

Oh and ...

33 minutes ago, got to eern it said:

help from this forum has doubled my in from 12 to 24.

Be sure to stick around.  Eventually you might learn how to spell "IQ"

?

I would have to use pliers. 

What would you grip with the pliers? I think you gotta go with a knife or other thin flat object, stick it between the battery insert and the remote case, and pry it out towards yourself. Or take a flat head screwdriver and push it against the battery insert where the red arrow is pointing. That looks like a good spot to shove against.

image.png.7ed1a5e6b9f2924a9ea88448b85d51c2.png