CPU-Bound in Ubisoft titles and modded games

Good day! I am thinking about some upgrades and have been encountering some stuttering and framerate drops in Assassin's Creed Syndicate (unity doesn't even enter into this discussion) and modded versions of Skyrim and Mass Effect (1-3). During this, I noticed by GPU (GTX 1060 6gb) is hardly being used but my CPU (i5-6500, Evo 212 cooler) is maxing out.

Am I hitting a CPU bottleneck, and if so, what would be a good CPU to go to? I'm aiming for 1080p and stable 60 FPS. 

I am aware that some mods cause unexpected issues. Thanks in advance.

What motherboard do you have?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

3 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

What motherboard do you have?

Gigabyte GA-Z170XP. Yes I was an idiot not getting an overclockable CPU when I originally did my build :P

1 minute ago, kingfurykiller said:

Gigabyte GA-Z170XP. Yes I was an idiot not getting an overclockable CPU when I originally did my build :P

Then get 7700k and you're set.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

5 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Then get 7700k and you're set.

i would say 6700k, Its alot cheaper, About £50, And, They're the same CPU, Just the 7700k is a higher clock, But My 6700k Can (and does) do 4.6GHz easily. Avoid the 7700k, Get the 6700k.

@PopsicleHustler that's what I was thinking, but finding an i7-7700k for under $400 USD is hard right now. I missed the few deals that were on ebay at the beginning of the year :(

@MrIceCremeLollipop hadn't thought about about the 6700k. So OC it and I should be good? Think my Hyper 212 Evo should be enough, or should I upgrade more?

2 minutes ago, kingfurykiller said:

@PopsicleHustler that's what I was thinking, but finding an i7-7700k for under $400 USD is hard right now. I missed the few deals that were on ebay at the beginning of the year :(

@MrIceCremeLollipop hadn't thought about about the 6700k. So OC it and I should be good? Think my Hyper 212 Evo should be enough, or should I upgrade more?

Well I have a 212 LED (Same as the evo) and my temps never go past 60c at 4.6ghz while gaming, and the fans barely ramp up, So your more than ok. They're good stock too, though. 

11 minutes ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

Well I have a 212 LED (Same as the evo) and my temps never go past 60c at 4.6ghz while gaming, and the fans barely ramp up, So your more than ok. They're good stock too, though. 

Good to know! and wow, prices are way better for pre-owned 6700k's. New they are about the same, but that's unsurprising.

Any performance results for example games that place similar CPU demands?

9 minutes ago, kingfurykiller said:

Good to know! and wow, prices are way better for pre-owned 6700k's. New they are about the same, but that's unsurprising.

Any performance results for example games that place similar CPU demands?

What do you mean, Like Performance of the games You've said in the original post? well, Looking at a 1070/6700k syndicate benchmark, The CPU is about 50/60% usage, not overclocked, I cant really talk for sky rim on account of you might have different mods to videos, But whatever you run you shouldn't run into any cpu bottlenecks, At all, Especially with a 1060. 

That's probably all I needed to know. Obviously modded skyrim isn't easily comparable. I was just curious how CPU-intensive games ran on your side. But thank you for the tips!