My first gaming PC need help

Sokka

Hello, I'am planning on buying this PC this month and need help, will these components work together and any improvements I could make. I'm also planning on buying Acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24" monitor later this year.

Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 TI 6GB GDDR6 Ventus XS OC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk

RAM: G.Skill 16GB Aegis DDR4 3000 MHz CL16 KIT

SSD:  Kingstone 480 GB A400 SATA 3 2.5"

HDD: WD Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200rpm 64MB SATA 3 WD10EZEX 

Power Supply: EVGA BR Series 600W 80+ Bronze

Case: MS Shadow 2

Nice, I like it.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

I would ditch the Kingston drive, but otherwise it's a great build. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

23 hours ago, xKyric said:

I would ditch the Kingston drive, but otherwise it's a great build. 

To change it to something else or to remove it completely and don't get a SSD at all?

it's just that the SSD A400 is a non-DRAM type SSD and that's not good for garbage collection. Usually, the programming of the algorithms are placed in the DRAM of the SSD, as there is no DRAM then those algorithms are placed on the first chip occupying space that could be used for storage and that over time tends to impair the transfer capacity of the SSD, making it slower and also increasing the probability of imminent failure. In general, non-DRAM SSDs have a 2 or 3-year warranty because they fail more frequently, but SSDs that do have DRAMs generally offer a 5-year warranty. 

Here I put the specifications of Seagate BarraCuda SSD in case you are interested: https://www.seagate.com/internal-hard-drives/ssd/barracuda-ssd/

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

1 minute ago, seagate_surfer said:

it's just that the SSD A400 is a non-DRAM type SSD and that's not good for garbage collection. Usually, the programming of the algorithms are placed in the DRAM of the SSD, as there is no DRAM then those algorithms are placed on the first chip occupying space that could be used for storage and that over time tends to impair the transfer capacity of the SSD, making it slower and also increasing the probability of imminent failure. In general, non-DRAM SSDs have a 2 or 3-year warranty because they fail more frequently, but SSDs that do have DRAMs generally offer a 5-year warranty. 

Here I put the specifications of Seagate BarraCuda SSD in case you are interested: https://www.seagate.com/internal-hard-drives/ssd/barracuda-ssd/

Ah thank you, how can I tell which one has DRAM and which one is a non-DRAM type SSD. Is there any easy way to tell?

Well, basically is the controller that is DRAM-free type and, therefore, the SSD will be DRAMless, I will list some:

1. Silicon Motion SM2246XT
  2. Jmicron JMF608
  3. Jmicron JMF60F
  4. Phison S9 what other

There are many controllers that work without DRAM, so if you could know the controller, you could find it online and check to see if it is DRAM-less or not. In addition, if you can not find the SSD controller that interests you, some other things that I have noticed are #1. The price, they are cheaper than the rest, also #2. The warranty is 2 or 3 years when the rest of the SSDs usually offer you 5 years warranty, and finally #3. The speeds, I have seen that usually they are below 500MB/s, look at the specifications of the A400 to see what I'm talking about, other SSDs offer you about 530 - 550 MB/s: https://www.kingston.com/latam/ssd/consumer/sa400s37

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

4 hours ago, Sokka said:

To change it to something else or to remove it completely and don't get a SSD at all?

Definitely get an SSD. The speed increase over a hard drive is phenomenal. 
I would buy either a Samsung 860 Evo or Crucial MX500.   

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

cx 2017 550w over EVGA BR. 30C rating ?

also 2600 + windale 4 or something similar over a 2600x

6 hours ago, seagate_surfer said:

Well, basically is the controller that is DRAM-free type and, therefore, the SSD will be DRAMless, I will list some:

1. Silicon Motion SM2246XT
  2. Jmicron JMF608
  3. Jmicron JMF60F
  4. Phison S9 what other

There are many controllers that work without DRAM, so if you could know the controller, you could find it online and check to see if it is DRAM-less or not. In addition, if you can not find the SSD controller that interests you, some other things that I have noticed are #1. The price, they are cheaper than the rest, also #2. The warranty is 2 or 3 years when the rest of the SSDs usually offer you 5 years warranty, and finally #3. The speeds, I have seen that usually they are below 500MB/s, look at the specifications of the A400 to see what I'm talking about, other SSDs offer you about 530 - 550 MB/s: https://www.kingston.com/latam/ssd/consumer/sa400s37

Thank you very much for your help.

2 hours ago, hello_there_123 said:

cx 2017 550w over EVGA BR. 30C rating ?

also 2600 + windale 4 or something similar over a 2600x

Thank you, i did change the PSU to a Corsair RMx 550w 80+ Gold and will for sure get a better SSD.