Laptop shows random Linux boot option?

I bought a Dell laptop off Ebay, which seems fine, except that when I press F12 to show boot options, one of the UEFI options is 'kali'. I gather this is a type of Linux (something I can imagine the previous owner using), however there is no partition for anything other than Windows on the machine's hard drive. When I try to boot kali, it says 'boot device has failed' or something similar. 

Can anyone suggest why this option might be showing, and how to get rid of it?

From a old uefi boot option. Won't affect anything, just ignore it.

Im assuming you wiped the drive first, it won't affect you at all. Old uefi boot entrys just seem to stay on some systems.

The previous owner was running a dual boot, when he formatted the drive he didn't do it properly and the EFI boot partition still contains a boot file from the Linux install.

It can be cleaned if you care that much but as Wizard said above, it won't hurt anything and can be ignored.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)