GTX 770 2GB enough for 1080p(2 years ultra graphics)??

georgefou

Enough, yes, ideal, no. 

Depends on your preferences, don't be expecting 60 plus frames especially w/ msaa enabled. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Its not even enough today bro...

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

without AA yes

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

that will be kinda close- if you're willing to risk it go for it, but I would get a slight upgrade to make sure everything is fine

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

Depends on what games you are playing.If you are playing the same games then yes, next gen title maybe.

Quote me to get a reply!

please tell me, what game is killing the 770 on 1080p?  And don't tell me crysis 3 and last light because even for your 780 it will be too much if you consider the 770 too slow.

wow... pretty empty here...

a 780ti can't max out games like far cry and crysis keeping the framerate over 60fps, in two years there will be a lot of games that it won't be able to max out

so yeah, a 770 in two years won't provide the absolute best gaming experience

but it's still a great card, today you can play games at 1080p almost maxing them out with a very enjoyable framerate, and in a couple years you will have to turn down the most demanding settings, but it will probably still be able to handle very nice graphics

so, is it a great card now? yes. will it be a good card in 2 years? i think yes. even for ultra gaming? no. should you care? no

i have it and i love it

a 780ti can't max out games like far cry and crysis keeping the framerate over 60fps, in two years there will be a lot of games that it won't be able to max out

but it's still a great card, today you can play games at 1080p almost maxing them out with a very enjoyable framerate, and in a couple years you will have to turn down the most demanding settings, but it will probably still be able to handle very nice graphics

so, is it a great card now? yes. will it be a good card in 2 years? i think yes. even for ultra gaming? no. should you care? no

i have it and i love it

the most epic post world by far :) 

ty and i think that im gonna take the gigabyte gtx 770 2gb because all games bf4 crysis could played on ultra now

and with a very good fps 50 plus with AA and 60 plus without

i have it and i love it

I have the 4gb version and get around 90-100 fps in bf4 when turning some settings down on a 1440p monitor. but at this level of performance we don't need to ask ourselves if it is "slow" in 2 years. 

I have the 4gb version and get around 90-100 fps in bf4 when turning some settings down on a 1440p monitor. but at this level of performance we don't need to ask ourselves if it is "slow" in 2 years. 

4gb or 2gb i should take?

the samegames im playing on 1080p

4gb or 2gb i should take?

the samegames im playing on 1080p

2gb will be enough for 1080p but as i only paid 5€ more when i sent back my 2gb card for a 4gb card the decision wasn't hard for me. in bf4 it will help you with the scaling option and for heavily modded games like crysis 2 with the maldohd 4.0 mod or gtaiv with texturemods... maybe you want to get a bigger screen or the oculus rift in the future, then the 4gb would come in handy. but if the 4gb version costs allot more: get the 2gb

i dont think even a 780 ti will max out all games at 60fps+ for the upcoming 2 years. i mean who knows how demanding or badly optimized games we might get :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

2gb will be enough for 1080p but as i only paid 5€ more when i sent back my 2gb card for a 4gb card the decision wasn't hard for me. in bf4 it will help you with the scaling option and for heavily modded games like crysis 2 with the maldohd 4.0 mod or gtaiv with texturemods... maybe you want to get a bigger screen or the oculus rift in the future, then the 4gb would come in handy. but if the 4gb version costs allot more: get the 2gb

what about an r9 280x  which has 3 gbs of memory?

what about an r9 280x  which has 3 gbs of memory?

if it's in your budget and you don't need features like shadowplay, gsync, physx etc. GO FOR IT

Should be just fine without AA.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, ASUS Maximus VII Hero, i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX 980Ti SC, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2X8GB 1866Mhz CL9, 2X Crucial M500 960GB, EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 GS, ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q w/ nVidia 3D Vision 2

the most epic post world by far :)

ty and i think that im gonna take the gigabyte gtx 770 2gb because all games bf4 crysis could played on ultra now

and with a very good fps 50 plus with AA and 60 plus without

dude if you look at my specs i have a stock 4670k and a stock 770 and it easily gets 60+ fps on bf4 maxed out. All i do is turn down msaa to 2x instead of 4 because i can't tell the difference. 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

dude if you look at my specs i have a stock 4670k and a stock 770 and it easily gets 60+ fps on bf4 maxed out. All i do is turn down msaa to 2x instead of 4 because i can't tell the difference. 

haha i knew it man

i love u im happy now i FINALLY find my gpu!

its gigabyte 2gb oc edition GG

I bought my gigabyte gtx 770 oc 2 days ago. best decision i could have made for the features and price i wanted. then i just sli'd my old 560Ti and put it into Physx mode which actually give me a frame increase in games with physx. the best part is, if you choose to sli the 770 down the road they scale very very well in a 2 way sli setup.

I can max out every game @1080p and keep a steady 60FPS,

CPU: Intel i5 4670(non K) Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (2x4Gb) @1600Mhz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC WF3 ~1293Mhz max boost clock~ PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair 300R Windowed Edition OS: Windows 8.1

haha i knew it man

i love u im happy now i FINALLY find my gpu!

its gigabyte 2gb oc edition GG

:) the gigabyte card looks sooooooooo sexy 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed