NIC Bonding with 2 different Networks

Dully

Hey, is bonding possible with 2 different networks?

I have a 75 Mbit/s LTE and a 21 Mbit/s VDSL Network and want to bond it because the LTE varys between 10 Mbit/s & 75 Mbit/s (and aggregate). I know there are some LTE Router who can do bonding but they are very expensive.
In the end i want to catch the drop from LTE on those times when it goes down to 10 Mbit (like load balancing) and if its possible I want on the better times got higher speed like 90 or at least 60 Mbit. (The Latency is way better on VDSL)

Hope someone can help.

Linus did a video on bonded internet "for cheap" however he used 2 identical ISPs with identical plans:

I don't know of any consumer products that would let you setup a config file that automatically switched the source as the WANs bandwidth changes. You could look into prosumer Ubiquiti routers. They'd let you configure fail-over, link-aggregation (wouldn't recommend because of the drastically different speeds), but I don't know if it supports bonding. Even if it did there's issues on the ISP end and some websites that use services like could flare wouldn't like seeing your traffic coming from 2 different IPs.

Personally, I'd use the faster source for my LAN and the slower for my WLAN. Adds a nice security measure and if you have a heap of wireless clients it won't bog down your wired network.

If you host any servers (web, file, or VM) you could also dedicate those to one ISP so anything going on there doesn't screw with your private network.

Or you could just setup good ol failover. ISPs are generally pretty reliable but having a backup in the event of equipment failure makes for peace of mind.

You could also mix & match some of these. As for how to do what you want exactly I'm uncertain. I know it can be done with enterprise gear though.

You will need to use a router that supports dual-wan and policy based routing if you want to combine two different internet connections.

pfSense is capable as are many other software x86 based firewall/router distros.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply