Tried windows 8.1 still has to many issues for me.

cooperb21

So i attempted to use 8.1 but i have already switched back to windows 7. First issue i have as power user is you can fully disable uac without going to registry i just find it very annoying. Pictures or things i download would be defaulted to metro even when i installed a start button and used desktop it would open hem in some shitty metro app. Search is still annoying as shit i cant find what i want. For me it just requires way to much work i can install windows 7 and im ready to go after some updates there is no need to do a huge amount tweaks to ui and so on to get it as good as windows 7.

So i attempted to use 8.1 but i have already switched back to windows 7. First issue i have as power user is you can fully disable uac without going to registry i just find it very annoying. Pictures or things i download would be defaulted to metro even when i installed a start button and used desktop it would open hem in some shitty metro app. Search is still annoying as shit i cant find what i want. For me it just requires way to much work i can install windows 7 and im ready to go after some updates there is no need to do a huge amount tweaks to ui and so on to get it as good as windows 7.

You could have searched for "default programs" to change the programs to your favorite ones. UAC is easy to disable by searching for "change user account control settings". 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Just don't use the default metro app and change it to the desktop version, install Classicshell to get the W7 feel back, and enjoy. Ignore skydrive and use a local account as well.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Pretty much.

It's even more of a pain when it comes to repairing a broken install.

The safe mode is disgusting ._.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

These "issues" can be very easily fixed.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

All you have to do is right click the file and select "open with: (windows media player)" and it will give you the option to set that as default over the xbox video app.

Just get classic shell

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

All of the things you memtioned have very basic fixes dating back long before win8.

Just get classic shell

yuck classicshell startisback is much better

Agreed BUT classic shell is free ^_^

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Tried classic shell hated how it was setup and it was hard to find all settings poorly orgainzed. Tried start is back and its amazing does it cost money because i downloaded it for 8.1 and it never asked me for anything or said it was trial.

From what I tested in virtual machines a while ago the best Start-menu program is StartisBack, however I myself have seen no point in upgrading from 7 perhaps when I ever bother doing a new clean install I shall "upgrade".

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. - Napoleon Hill

Please don't display a dislike for the new version of windows here.

The people that use it will get very upset. :D

There is absolutely no sense in this latest windows operating system. Microsoft has completely lost it's way and abandoned it's PC user base for some attempt at an Apple clone that is completely useless for desktop users. RIP Bill Gates as this fat **** Ballmer has gutted your once great company. Who is the idiot who okayed this version.. My god the artists took over the world of Microsoft and thought an artsy fartsy look would be good for BUSINESS and personal USE... I want to rip my eyes out so I can no longer see this horrible UI, this pile of shit... Poorly played Microsoft.. Bill, Get your people under control! they are running a mess of your company!

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

There is absolutely no sense in this latest windows operating system. Microsoft has completely lost it's way and abandoned it's PC user base for some attempt at an Apple clone that is completely useless for desktop users. RIP Bill Gates as this fat **** Ballmer has gutted your once great company. Who is the idiot who okayed this version.. My god the artists took over the world of Microsoft and thought an artsy fartsy look would be good for BUSINESS and personal USE... I want to rip my eyes out so I can no longer see this horrible UI, this pile of shit... Poorly played Microsoft.. Bill, Get your people under control! they are running a mess of your company!

I hope you realize a product doesn't come into formation just because of one person.

• 3 weeks later...

+ Dislike This