Send remote restart command to Windows 7 PC?

Xanthe_2871

Hi. I have multiple PCs running tasks for me at home. They require my interaction a few times during the day, to adjust certain settings. Without my override the PCs will eventually get locked out from their tasks and won't be productive again until I'm able to correct the issue. This can't be solved easily, so I just use Chrome Remote Desktop to check up on them every so often when I'm away from home.

My issue right now is: one of my Windows 7 PCs isn't showing as online. I know it is online, because it's tasks are still being performed. And for the issue of the PCs getting stuck, I can solve that on any one PC and the rest will see that update and automatically get back on track. But, if I want to change the parameters of a single PC's tasks I have to remote control it directly. I can't change those settings from another PC, I can only get it "unstuck" when that happens.

So, now the real question. Can I restart it somehow? I have access to another Windows 7 PC on the same network, in fact both PCs are hard wired into the same switch. I can also get it's IP address off my Linksys app. So, if I remote access the Windows 7 PC that's working correctly, can I open CMD and type some string with the other PC's IP to restart it? 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Open PowerShell

$Credentials = Get-Credentials

Enter your Computer\User and Password

Restart-Computer -Computer TheNameOfTheComputer -Credential $Credentials

OR Install Pulseway on the computer and restart it from the app! Check out The LTT video