Uhh.. Just got a ticket?

SrN95

I currently live in Ohio and I'm 18 years old (not a juvenile) and I was stopped at a red light. When it turned green (or so I thought) I went through the intersection, only to be stopped by an officer claiming I ran a red light. When I handed her all of my information, she took it to her police car where she sat for close to 15 minutes before coming back with a ticket...My girlfriend was in the car with me at the time and we are both 99% sure the light was green when I went through. Why would I stop at a red light for close to a minute then randomly run it? 

Anyways, I've got the ticket which I can either pay or show up in court and fight. At this point I would love to see some dashcam footage from the officer's cruiser to see if I did in fact run the light. Anyone on the forum by chance have any experience with this and how to go about requesting the footage? If I had blatantly ran the light I would be so upset about it, but the fact that I was SURE it was green really has me upset (although we all make mistakes), I just find it odd my girlfriend and I would both not notice this...

Any help/advice?

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

It's a sign! The thug life has chosen you

Jk

Just try to fight it but dont be a crybaby

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

It's a sign! The thug life has chosen you

Jk

Just try to fight it but dont be a crybaby

Lol, yes, so thug much gangster.. I mean I sent in a request for the copy of the dashcam footage to ensure they don't erase/record over it until the court date, which is in 10 days. I'm pretty pissed off though..

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

How much are you fined?

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

More than likely you'll only get driving school anyways, but tell the judge straight up. Please request the dash cam. Cop was probably looking at the other light.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

just saying most of the time the cop doesnt even show up and u auto win the court case

How much are you fined?

I have no idea yet, the office is closed as it is 2am now, at the time of the incident it was 12:30am...Even if I did happen to mistakenly run the red light, it didn't put anyone in danger, the street was empty. 

More than likely you'll only get driving school anyways, but tell the judge straight up. Please request the dash cam. Cop was probably looking at the other light.

I doubt it on the driving school, but I did send in a request...there were two intersections, the one I was at and one directly in front of me, she could have very well been looking at the wrong set of lights lol..

I have no idea yet, the office is closed as it is 2am now, at the time of the incident it was 12:30am...Even if I did happen to mistakenly run the red light, it didn't put anyone in danger, the street was empty. 

Give us an update if you know how much it is.

It might not be worth it to appeal it if it isn't that much to pay. Your time and others is valuable. Is it worth your time to appeal an 80$ fine? 

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Well this is provided your local department's cruisers have dashcams, cause I know a lot don't yet. 

If you wanted to fight it that's of course an option, but there's also the possibility if paying court fees if you lose the case.

My suggestion is if it's a smaller ticket, pay it and take driving class so it doesn't show up on your record.

Either way keep us posted.  

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

Well this is provided your local department's cruisers have dashcams, cause I know a lot don't yet. 

If you wanted to fight it that's of course an option, but there's also the possibility if paying court fees if you lose the case.

My suggestion is if it's a smaller ticket, pay it and take driving class so it doesn't show up on your record.

Either way keep us posted.  

If the ticket is really that low ($80), I will most likely just pay it and save the hassle. Of course I can't call and find out how much the ticket actually is yet because the offices are closed saturday and sunday, and with Monday being a holiday, I won't know until Tuesday how much the ticket actually is...

My main concern is whether or not my insurance will increase from this, I have (had) a spotless record up until last night, so I'm hoping the insurance isn't a prick about it  -_-

Just og to the police station and ask for the footage... If they don't have it, they don't have evidence.

Compatible with Windows 95

I currently live in Ohio and I'm 18 years old (not a juvenile) and I was stopped at a red light. When it turned green (or so I thought) I went through the intersection, only to be stopped by an officer claiming I ran a red light. When I handed her all of my information, she took it to her police car where she sat for close to 15 minutes before coming back with a ticket...My girlfriend was in the car with me at the time and we are both 99% sure the light was green when I went through. Why would I stop at a red light for close to a minute then randomly run it? 

Anyways, I've got the ticket which I can either pay or show up in court and fight. At this point I would love to see some dashcam footage from the officer's cruiser to see if I did in fact run the light. Anyone on the forum by chance have any experience with this and how to go about requesting the footage? If I had blatantly ran the light I would be so upset about it, but the fact that I was SURE it was green really has me upset (although we all make mistakes), I just find it odd my girlfriend and I would both not notice this...

Any help/advice?

gave you a ticket for end of the month requirements. fight it. dress nice, show up 45 minutes early at least (hour is better), ask the judge to be lenient since its your first offense, and ask for proof that you did indeed run a red light (if it is your first offense), around 1/3 of the time the cop won't show.