New build wont post

Vod

Hello! 

So I just built a new pc and it turns on, but only problem is that the display says no signal, I've connected the gpu in well, and rn I am checking if everything else is connected. 

4 minutes ago, Allupyourfinger said:

Can you please provide me with the parts list?

Rx 580

B450m hdv 

R5 2400g

8gb ddr4 3200g

500w 80 plus bronze

Just now, Vod said:

500w 80 plus bronze

Well that's a little ambiguous but we can still work with it.

Have you tried turning it on both with and without the graphics card? And have you also tried looking in your BIOS to change the default video source?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Have you tried turning it on both with and without the graphics card? And have you also tried looking in your BIOS to change the default video source?

How can I look in the bios

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

He is not getting any signal to the monitor so he cannot change bios settings.

It would be great if your CPU had integrated graphics so you could test if it was the card or not. But we can still get to the bottom of this.

* I would start by making sure your card is seated all the way. 

* Try connecting with DVI and see if you get a signal. If you do then upgrade the drivers and make sure your default video source in the BIOS is set properly 

Sometimes it the really basic stuff you would never think of to be the problem. Make sure your RX 580's HDMI or Display port is inserted all the way and if you have an extra cable give that a try. 

6 minutes ago, Allupyourfinger said:

He is not getting any signal to the monitor so he cannot change bios settings.

It would be great if your CPU had integrated graphics so you could test if it was the card or not. But we can still get to the bottom of this.

* I would start by making sure your card is seated all the way. 

* Try connecting with DVI and see if you get a signal. If you do then upgrade the drivers and make sure your default video source in the BIOS is set properly 

Sometimes it the really basic stuff you would never think of to be the problem. Make sure your RX 580's HDMI or Display port is inserted all the way and if you have an extra cable give that a try. 

I've tried removing the card but still nothing

7 minutes ago, Allupyourfinger said:

we're lucky that it does then

21 minutes ago, Vod said:

R5 2400g

That's why I was fairly certain there's some way to get video.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Vod said:

I've tried removing the card but still nothing

Now, when the card is plugged in, the video cable is plugged into that and not the motherboard right? Of course, it would be good to try both.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Now, when the card is plugged in, the video cable is plugged into that and not the motherboard right? Of course, it would be good to try both.

Yeah it was

check both sources of video, Do you have a case speaker or some way to get error codes from the MB?  If not you could have a problem and its not posting because of some error.

1 minute ago, Sovek said:

check both sources of video, Do you have a case speaker or some way to get error codes from the MB?  If not you could have a problem and its not posting because of some error.

I did try both, I don't know

What motherboard do you have? Do you have a local PC shop around you? if so ask if they sell a PC speaker. I know Microcenter and Frys should, but you may not have one local. 

If not...

https://www.amazon.com/Motherboard-Speaker-Desktop-Computer-Internal/dp/B079DKDSJ9/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=case+speaker&qid=1550857216&s=gateway&sr=8-3

The best way to diagnose the problem is by getting the error codes. Oh, and is the Video Card plugged into the PSU? I know on my Radeon card I had back in the day that it wouldn't boot if both weren't plugged in, oh and for that matter my RX 480 and my GTX 1070