My Computer is so loud!!

Virtax

Hello everyone! For the last few weeks I have been suffering like crazy, my computer suddenly started making annoying sound, I tried to look for the noise source inside it but i'm not sure and don't really want to go out and spend like 500$ on silencing my computer altrough if somebody will give me that money I will be more than happy.

I think the source of the noise is with the Optical Drive, Hard Drive, and the Power Supply, Optical Drive is some generic LG one, Hard Drive is a SAMSUNG HD502HJ (500GB) and for the PSU It's an generic InWin 500W 80Pluz bronze.

Also I undervolted my exhaust fan in the rear to 7V beacuse that made some annoying sound aswell.

What Should I do save up and buy new case (Define R4), my current case is the CMstorm Enerforcer, buy a new hard drive (WD Black) and use an external optical drive?

Thanks

-Ben.

Intel core i7 2600 @ 3.4Ghz w/ Scythe Mugen 3 RevB, Galaxy Geforce GTX 670 GC edition, G.skill Ripjawz 2x4GB, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, 1TB WD Blue, CMStorm Enerofrcer w/ Side Window, 600W PSU.

Audio setup: Schiit Modi/Magni, Rode Procaster,Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, Rode PSA1, Rode PSM1, Beyerdynamic DT250-80ohm.

The R4 is a great choice for a Silence optimized Case. It features noise reducing foam that makes the case even more quiet. Yes, buy a new HD and use an optical drive. In most cases, the Optical drive is the loudest part in the system when in use.In conclusion, Buy the R4. The R4 does an awesome job of hiding the sounds of computer hardware.

-Ronald

just stop using the odd,

get a green drive, it is quieter than a black drive,

on the other end a ssd is silent, for the psu go overkill and the fan will not even turn on.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

just stop using the odd,

get a green drive, it is quieter than a black drive,

on the other end a ssd is silent, for the psu go overkill and the fan will not even turn on.

somehow i can t edit my post..

i would advise cleaning your comp with compressed air before changing anything as it is free.

you could also move your comp to another room using 25ft hdmi cable and extension cables.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

My computer is clean of dust, so that is not the problem. I will save up and buy a new Case and Maybe Noctua fans, an external optical drive and a new hard drive, thanks for the help guys!

Intel core i7 2600 @ 3.4Ghz w/ Scythe Mugen 3 RevB, Galaxy Geforce GTX 670 GC edition, G.skill Ripjawz 2x4GB, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, 1TB WD Blue, CMStorm Enerofrcer w/ Side Window, 600W PSU.

Audio setup: Schiit Modi/Magni, Rode Procaster,Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, Rode PSA1, Rode PSM1, Beyerdynamic DT250-80ohm.

What you should do first is troubleshoot the issue and find out what is actually causing the noise, it doesn't make sense to replace everything and hope that fixes the problem. Eliminate each possible source of noise one at a time, disconnect your optical drive and use the pc for a while, disconnect the hdd and use the pc for a while (may need to boot off of a linux live cd or usb thumbdrive to do this), swap in a friends PSU if possible. Also use a paper towel tube to listen to the different parts in your build while they're in use, it helps to isolate the noise from each component.