Should I be concerned about signal degradation when using a 90 degree adapter with a 30' toslink style audio cable?

KutuluKid

So, I recently moved and mounted my soundbar to the ceiling in the middle of the room. I know WTF, right? Having the soundbar over 15' away was not ideal, plus my 2 year old son's bedroom wall is on the other side of the wall.  The soundbar has an auto power on feature I would like to use, but only works with the optical input or Bluetooth. My question is about the possible extra signal degradation I may encounter because I want to use a 90 degree adapter on the back of the soundbar optical input for a clean look, and also my homemade mount doesn't really allow me to use a normal straight cable because the mount is in the way. The distance I need to run the optical cable through the attic should allow me to use a 30' cable, but I worry about introducing the 90 to a cable that length having an adverse effect. From what I have read online 30' is around the max acceptable length for optical cables?

I am using a old Sabertooth X58 board onboard optical output and the soundbar is a LG LAS350B.

Thanks in advance for the advice. 

20190202_144528.jpg

20190202_144603.jpg

As long as the adapter is made properly, you shouldn't have any problems.

A quote from Wikipedia

Several types of fiber can be used for TOSLINK: inexpensive 1 mm plastic optical fiber, higher-quality multistrand plastic optical fibers, or quartz glass optical fibers, depending on the desired bandwidth and application. TOSLINK cables are usually limited to 5 meters in length, with a technical maximum[1] of 10 meters, for reliable transmission without the use of a signal booster or a repeater. However, it is very common for interfaces on newer consumer electronics (satellite receivers and PCs with optical outputs) to easily run over 30 meters on even low-cost (0.82 USD/m 2009) TOSLINK cables. TOSLINK transmitters operate at a nominal optical wavelength of 650 nm (~461.2 THz).

In short, you should be fine.

Thamks. That second to last sentence made me more confident this will work.