The 500b or the 600b PSU?

TomasFr

So I own an rx 570 Sapphire Pulse mini ITX GPU and the box says that the minimum PSU wattage is 500 watts. I was thinking of getting the evga 500b. My question is if this is too close to the edge and if the 600b is better?

Thinking of getting the Ryzen 3 2200g but I'm waiting for the 3000-series.

My budget is about $70.

Thanks in advance!

500 is more than enough. a 400 watt unit would even do

tho i wouldn't get evga b in general... where are you located (country)?

in asia,you can get a seasonic bronze or gold (i forgot) 520-620 W psu for $60 ish with 5 yr guaranteed .

1 minute ago, Gilgul said:

in asia,you can get a seasonic bronze or gold (i forgot) 520-620 W psu for $60 ish with 5 yr guaranteed .

Which is about $55 more than it should cost. The S12 II/M12 II is a decade old, and not good at all. 

:)

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Neither, get a Tier 3 or higher:

Corsair CX550M is a good budget unit.

I have looked at it but unfortunaly it’s more expensive in sweden.

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

500 is more than enough. a 400 watt unit would even do

tho i wouldn't get evga b in general... where are you located (country)?

Im from sweden, why should I not get the evga b?

4 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Pure Power 10 400W or Formula 450W. 

https://m.prisjakt.nu/product/4122959

https://m.prisjakt.nu/product/4553919

The B1 is a really low end, group regulated PSU, and makes no sense to buy. You can get much better PSUs for a lower price. 

The CX-M would be infinitely preferable to both of those units

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

3 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

The CX550M is $80 in Sweden vs the evga 500b witch is $69. Is the cxm worth it?

Thanks for all the help guys!

The CX550 (no M at the end) is even better and should cost less.

How much is that in your country?

If you're not interested in a modular PSU (which the CX550M is), I'm not sure why everyone is trying to get you to spend extra money on a feature you're supposedly not interested in.

7 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

The CX550 (no M at the end) is even better and should cost less.

How much is that in your country?

If you're not interested in a modular PSU (which the CX550M is), I'm not sure why everyone is trying to get you to spend extra money on a feature you're supposedly not interested in.

The CX550 is only $2 cheaper so I'd go for the cxm if I were to choose between the two.

A modular PSU is of coarse nice to have. I think I'll be building in the q300l and it's pretty open so maybe paying extra for the cxm is worth it?

4 hours ago, TomasFr said:

The CX550 is only $2 cheaper so I'd go for the cxm if I were to choose between the two.

A modular PSU is of coarse nice to have. I think I'll be building in the q300l and it's pretty open so maybe paying extra for the cxm is worth it?

Yeah, definitely avoid non-modular for that small of a case

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

18 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Oh yeah, because its not modular, I forgot that it makes a PSU 10 times better when you can remove some cables you need anyway...

That you only save 1 cable as you need:
ATX
CPU
PCIe (1 Cable, 2 connections for lower wattage)

1 Drive, Formula has 2.

And the CXM is Double Forward, while the Formula is LLC-Resonant mode with DC-DC...

So could you pls stop this??
Especially in the lower price range you often times want the best electronics and don't have the money for modularity (in this case Bitfenix Whisper M).

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

40 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Yeah, definitely avoid non-modular for that small of a case

No, as there was an awesome invention called ZIP TIE.

And you totally forgot the lenth of the Connectors and all the space it takes.

If I had the RVZ-01-E, I'd absolutely use the Formula!

Whisper M wouldn't fit.

And even the Silverstone Strider Platinum would also not be the best idea because of the lenth of the connectors...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

17 hours ago, TomasFr said:

CX is a newer LLC resonant topology.  CX-M is an older double forward front head with hard switching that can cause the transformer to make noise during high slew loads created by high end graphics cards.

Since you're only using an RX 570, you probably won't notice the difference.  But isn't there some piece of mind in knowing that if you upgrade in the future, you won't be back here in the forums wondering why your PSU is making buzzing noises?

19 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Oh yeah, because its not modular, I forgot that it makes a PSU 10 times better

I'm pretty sure they specified infinitely better ?

On 2/22/2019 at 4:23 AM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

would be infinitely preferable

There's no blanket answer between the modular vs non-modular argument.

Some people are more comfortable working with modular, some don't mind non-mod.

Some cases work much better with modular, some work better with non modular.

It's something OP can easily decide, not what we should be trying to force him into.

Do some research. Find others that have used the case with a modular and with a non-modular PSU. See how they went with cable management.

4 hours ago, Rexper said:

I'm pretty sure they specified infinitely better ?

Of course, anyone would pick a Seasonic M12II, or this thing - https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16817152028, instead of anything without a modular interface. It's just fucking science right there.

Even better @jonnyGURU, you should get corsair to sell a PSU, that negates everything, but the modular cable interface board. It'll sell like hot cakes. That's all the important shit right there.

/s

14 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

CX is a newer LLC resonant topology.  CX-M is an older double forward front head with hard switching that can cause the transformer to make noise during high slew loads created by high end graphics cards.

Since you're only using an RX 570, you probably won't notice the difference.  But isn't there some piece of mind in knowing that if you upgrade in the future, you won't be back here in the forums wondering why your PSU is making buzzing noises?

Interesting! There is definiately a lot more for me to learn as I barely understood what you ment. But I did.

7 hours ago, Rexper said:

Find others that have used the case with a modular and with a non-modular PSU. See how they went with cable management.

*"look up q300l builds" has been added to the to do list*

Thanks again everyone! I learned a lot by this!