Mircosoft Word Launches after Startup in a New Document

Hello,

After the most recent Windows 10 updates (I believe that they were minor security patches) Microsoft Word (through office 365) will greet me with a brand new document open and ready to go immediately after I boot up my Lenovo Ideapad 330-15ARR laptop. I am a college student that uses word a fair amount, but i find this to be rather annoying every time I boot up my laptop. I have gone through Word's settings and windows settings, where I have not found Word Listed as a program that will run at boot. Has anyone had this issue as well and found a fix? 

Thanks,

-Tanner

Have you checked task manager startup or windows admin tools services?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Why do you have so much crap enabled in startup??

Also, go look at the windows admin tools.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

17 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Why do you have so much crap enabled in startup??

Also, go look at the windows admin tools.

It would appear that all of my Office apps were updated the same day as the last windows update for my laptop. After having reverted Word back to the prior version and rebooting the laptop, It stopped opening after boot-up. I have now updated Word again and it started opening up again after booting up. I think that I will be contacting Microsoft support about this one!

31 minutes ago, Moms Tuna Fish Sandwich said:

It would appear that all of my Office apps were updated the same day as the last windows update for my laptop. After having reverted Word back to the prior version and rebooting the laptop, It stopped opening after boot-up. I have now updated Word again and it started opening up again after booting up. I think that I will be contacting Microsoft support about this one!

Or just disable the startup process in windows admin tools........

Spoiler

Do you have it still open before you restart or shutdown your computer?

If so you can go to Sign-In option is Settings and toggle some option that has to do with open previously opened apps.